Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

Future plans for multilocale campaigns in ACS?

Level 2

Hi Florent

Following on from Gyorgy's post below (https://forums.adobe.com/message/9757270) I'd like to discuss Adobe's future plans for improving support for multi-locale campaigns in ACS. First off, well done Adobe for the recent introduction of ACS multilingual emails - it's a huge and important step in the right direction. And its roll out to AEM6.3 is also very welcome.

Going forward, I'd love to see three further improvements in this area:

1. Extend the ACS multilingual email concept to landing pages, transactional messages and content blocks.

2. Allow the set of languages associated with the profile.preferredLanguage field and with multilingual email variants to be presented as an ACS administator extensible resource; in a similar way that the profile table can already extended.

3. Make variants locale-specific rather than simply language-specific. Clients typically organise their marketing operations by region and wish to allow each regional MOPS team to define their own message variant. Often this is so as to translate the default message into some local language, but equally it can simply be about the local MOPS having final control over the content that they know will best suit their  local customers. One way to achieve this could be to allow the set of available variants to be based on a new extensible 'locale' resource, rather than remaining tied to a static preferredLanguage list. This list could start matching the default preferredLanguage list, but would be extensible to include locales that aren't necessarily seen as distinct languages (so say, Egyptian English or Malaysian English). From this point the preferredLanguageScript could be customised to account both for the profile's preferred language and, say, and organisational unit linked to the profile when determining the most suitable variant to issue to a message recipient.

I'm really interested to hear Adobe's (and others) comments in this area.

Regards

Jim

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi Jim,

I know there are some plans to extend this feature as well as the available languages/locales but I do not know them precisely. I will gather your feedback and share it with the product team.

Thanks a lot this is very valuable to us.

Florent

Level 3

Hi,

I have found the following documentation:

https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/standard/en/PDF/administration-Standard-en.pdf

If you want to create a multilingual transactional message, define an additional event attribute with the AC_language

ID. This only applies to event transactional messages.

After the event is published, the steps for editing the content of a multilingual transactional message are the same

as for a multilingual standard email. See Creating a multilingual email.

I have tried to reproduce this without success so far. Could you please help how it works? I have added the parameter and published the event, but when I open the created transactional message I still not see option to configure multiple language variations.

Tried with Campaign Standard: Adobe Campaign v17.9 build 10413

Thanks,

Gyorgy

Level 10

Hi Gyorgy,

Try going in the transactional message properties. Under the Content section you should see an option to initialize content variant, like this:

Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 20.07.50.png

After that you can add languages.

Let me know if that works for you.

Florent