Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

FDA - Export data from campaign to External DB

Level 2

Hi All,

Is it possible to export data from campaign to external database? If yes kindly let me know the procedure to implement in a local instance. I have installed postgre SQL DB and also created FDA.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Gokul,

As Florent mentioned that there is no OOTB way to export the data back to FDA, but there are few options that you can implement.

Option 1: Create an extract csv file for data segment you want to export and use FTP to transfer that file to the external server and use that file to import that data into your external system.

Option 2: Look for some APIs exposed by your Data provider for bulk updates, i.e., SOAP or REST-based APIs and write a custom connector to post that data to that third party system from a technical workflow.

Option 3: Use OOTB SOAP web services exposed by Adobe campaign and consume that data in a third party system(Don't forget to check your license for API calls with Adobe)

Regards,

Amit

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

By default FDA is designed to read or get some data from an external data base, not really the other way around (at least it is not recommended).

What you can try is creating a workflow and use a data update to write on your fda schema.

Florent

Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for your update.

Is there any alternate way to export campaign data and importing that into external database ?

Consider the below scenario,

I am inserting some data in campaign FDA schema, that data need to be reflected in an external database also. i.e basically a reverse process insert data into external DB from campaign

Regards,

Gokul

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Gokul,

As Florent mentioned that there is no OOTB way to export the data back to FDA, but there are few options that you can implement.

Option 1: Create an extract csv file for data segment you want to export and use FTP to transfer that file to the external server and use that file to import that data into your external system.

Option 2: Look for some APIs exposed by your Data provider for bulk updates, i.e., SOAP or REST-based APIs and write a custom connector to post that data to that third party system from a technical workflow.

Option 3: Use OOTB SOAP web services exposed by Adobe campaign and consume that data in a third party system(Don't forget to check your license for API calls with Adobe)

Regards,

Amit

Level 2

Hi,

I am trying to use the data present in PostgreSQL database (which is installed on my local machine) and adobe console is also present in my local machine so i am trying to use the data from DB but i am not able to create external account. is it possible??

Thanks,

Diksha