I need some help with a workflow I want to use to import/update profiles in the database from a csv file. The issue is that when I start the workflow, the 2 recipients from the csv file (which are not in the database before upload) are added in the Complement, instead of Segment 2 where they should be Updated as Profiles in the database.
I suppose the issue comes from the criteria used in the Segmentation activity, but I don't know how to change that.
Criteria for Segment 1: profile’s CRM ID is not equal to 0
Criteria for Segment 2:
I used the steps mentioned in this example: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-standard/using/managing-processes-and-data/importin...
1. Load file activity (csv file with column headers firstname;lastname;birthdate;email;city;crmID). The file includes 3 profiles: 1 currently existing in Campaign database and 2 new.
2. Reconciliation activity by CrmID
3. Segmentation with 2 segments and a complement. Segment 1 retrieves reconciled recipients and for them I have an Update data activity with Operation type just Update. Segment 2 with recipients that were not reconciled and I want to use them to create new recipient entries in the database. And then a Complement with the remaining data (recipients that don't have enough data to be added in the database)
Thank you in advance for your help!
Hi @AndreeaCostea ,
yes, Criteria specified in Segment 2 is incorrect.
Basically the records coming in Segment 2 are those who are not in the database right. But in your filtering condition you are checking again with profiles database.
Criteria you used is checking profile resource again:
But You need to filter by using the column in file.
Hello @ParthaSarathy ! Thank you for your reply. I tried your suggestion, you are right with the way I should filter for Segm 2, but it's still not working.
The 2 contacts that are not in the database go to Complement, instead of Segment 2.