Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Email domain typlology rule for transactional events messages

Level 2

Hello everyone,

Is there a possibility to filter the email domains in transactional events? Objective is to only allow testers email domains during UAT.

We obviously can't use a profile filter typology rule because the email address is only in the JSON body, so i tried importing via package a control typology rule, with JS condition on : rtEvent.email, but I get an error : 

Anasso1337_0-1615153838818.png

Anyone to help me on this one please ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Now you probably found a solution, so this is for whomever encounter the same problem.

If you want to only send transactional emails to a specific email domain. You need to add a specific typology rule for each event. 
After you created the typology rule, you need to select edit and the select "Advanced Information" and change the filtering dimension to the event (that is associated with the transactional email). 
Then you can add a "Email does not contain @YOURCOMPANY.COM" to make sure only "@YOURCOMPANY.COM" can receive the transactional emails.

This rule then needs to be added to the transactional emails typology.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

Are you using "real-time transactional messages" or "profile transactional messages"?

For profile messages, the regular filtering rules can be applied.

For real-time ones, unfortunately you can't apply such a filter

Correct answer by
Level 1

Now you probably found a solution, so this is for whomever encounter the same problem.

If you want to only send transactional emails to a specific email domain. You need to add a specific typology rule for each event. 
After you created the typology rule, you need to select edit and the select "Advanced Information" and change the filtering dimension to the event (that is associated with the transactional email). 
Then you can add a "Email does not contain @YOURCOMPANY.COM" to make sure only "@YOURCOMPANY.COM" can receive the transactional emails.

This rule then needs to be added to the transactional emails typology.