Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

Delivery with multiple external email addresses

Level 2

Hi,

We have written an integration piece which places proof delivery (FCP="1") from a CMS to Adobe Campaign and it works fine with externalSource with single email address using the approach mentioned in Business oriented APIs

<delivery>

<targets fromExternalSource="true" targetMode="1" noReconciliation="true" addressField="Email" > 

<fileFormat active="true"> 

<source format="text" type="text"> 

<dataSourceConfig > 

<dataSourceColumn label="Email" name="Email" type="string"/> 

</dataSourceConfig> 

</source> 

<destination type="xtkDataStore"/> 

</fileFormat> 

<externalSource><![CDATA[not-a-repicipient@domain.com]]></externalSource> 

</targets>

</delivery>

Is there a way to pass multiple email addresses like <externalSource><![CDATA[emailAddr1, emailAddr2]]></externalSource> element or any other way? Thanks!

Cheers,

Selva

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi Selva,

I don't know this approach very well. Can you share more details on your use case and what you are trying to achieve with multiple addresses?

Florent

Level 2

Hi Florent,

Thanks for looking into this.

Essentially, I would like to send proof to multiple email addresses, but from another application (using xtk:persist#Write soap call) and it works fine with <externalSource> approach detailed in my previous comment, but not quite sure how to achieve sending it to multiple addresses using the above approach. Alternatively, would like to know whether it is possible to send multiple email addresses with <externalSource> element?

Let me know you would like to have a look at the delivery xml that we are trying to post via xtk:persist#Write approach. Thanks!

Cheers,

Selva

Level 10

Hi Selva,

Could you try the following:

<externalSource><![CDATA[not-a-repicipient@domain.com not-a-recipient2@domain.com]]></externalSource>

Florent

Level 2

Thanks Florent.

Have given a try, but getting '501-Command parsing failedError: Syntax error in parameters (<*>)' error:

proof-delivery-with-multiple-external-email-addresses.jpg

Here is the delivery log for your ref.:

01/03/2018 9:33:24 AM Failed  Unreachable not-a-repicipient@domain.com not-a-recipient2@domain.com 501-Command parsing failedError: Syntax error in parameters (<*>)

Please suggest.

Cheers,

Selva

Level 10

Hi Selva,

Sorry for the late answer.

From the info I got,

<externalSource><![CDATA[not-a-repicipient@domain.com not-a-recipient2@domain.com]]></externalSource> was successfully tested by our development team.

I will try to dig a bit more to check if there is something we might have missed here.

Florent

Level 2

Thanks Florent. It would be great if you can provide the example that worked for your development team so that I can cross check with my example.

Looking forward to hear from you soon! Thanks!!