Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

Could not Automate Adobe Campaign Client Console using HP UFT

Level 1

I am a Test Engineer currently working on Adobe Campaign Client Console v6.1 Neolane. I want to automate the process of creating Campaigns in Adobe Campaign Client Console at UI level. I tried using HP UFT but the object spy doesn't detect the Console elements.Can anyone suggest me any software which I can use to automate the process of creating the campaigns,creating metadata,creating linedata,running  the campaign,etc. Does the web version of Adobe Campaign provide an option to create Campaigns so that I can try with using Selenium?

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Shashank,

AFAIK automation testing is not possible on Campaign Console and the web version of V6 is limited in features.

There is another product of Campaign called Adobe Campaign Standard which is fully web based. You can automate tests using Selenuim.

Regards,

Vipul

Level 1

Does the same settings and features which are there on Client Console are available in Adobe Campaign Standard? Since I have to explain this to my client could you please highlight some important points which how Adobe Campaign Standard (Web Based) can be more useful then the Client Console? Also are there any differences with the licensing (in terms of costs and duration) for both the products?

Employee Advisor

Hi Shashank,

ACS is a completely different product altogether. If you client has already purchased V6, buying ACS is like getting into a completely new deal.

ACS is a scaled down version of V6 and the features are limited when compared to V6.

The questions related to ACS are best suited for a discussion with the Customer Success Manager or the Sales rep who was involved in the initial buying of product.

Regards,

Vipul

Level 1

Hi Vipul

I recently installed licensed version of TestComplete (a tool used for Automation testing for Desktop/Web Applications). With the object spy, I was able to detect certain windows of Adobe Campaign Client Console, but I am not able to detect all the elements, especially the "Targetting and Workflow" elements which are embedded on a bitmap image.Main sections of the application gets highlighted with the red box(Object Spy) when we hover over different areas of the console but the inner child elements are not getting highlighted.Could you please guide me whether TestComplete can be used to automate Adobe Campaign Client Console v6?

Level 1

Hello,

Are you able to automate adobe client using test complete tool?

Thanks

Employee

You can also ask your question now on the Adobe Campaign product Discussion Forum:

A new community space dedicated to all Adobe Campaign users is now available: http://help-forums.adobe.com/campaign.

If you are looking for some help, best practices, how-to articles and if you want to share with other users, this is the place to be.

This space will also be used to share about latest news and upcoming events such as webinars, expert sessions and Q&As, etc. You won’t miss anything about Adobe Campaign !

Feel free to join and start asking questions or sharing your experience about Adobe Campaign.

Users and experts are already waiting for you!

Level 1

Hi Linda,

I tried to login into the new community space mentioned above. But I am getting authentication error while signing in to post my content.

Kindly Assist.