Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Adobe Campaign Versions

Level 2

Hi,

Could anyone tell me if there are different versions of Adobe Campaign and if so, what's the difference?

I'm running version 6.1.1 of 12/18/2015.

I've seen online that you're able to use the visibility option but I don't have that. I'm not able to upload my own html either. 

Am I running an old version?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Are you talking about visibility conditions that you can set when editing in "DCE (Digital Content Editor) mode"? As described in this page: Creating content

If this is the case, you should be able to use this feature on any Campaign v6.1 build.

Don't hesitate to share screenshots of what you actually see so we can have a better look at it.

Let me know,

Florent.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

There are currently 3 supported versions of Adobe Campaign:

• Adobe Campaign v6.1 (console version)
  • Adobe Campaign v7 (latest version of the console version)
  • Adobe Campaign Standard (web version)

You can consider v6/v7 as the same product and Adobe Campaign Standard a different product (as it is based on a different infrastructure).

For each version, regular updates are released. From your version, you can find your build number from the Help > About menu. There you can see the version and build number of both console and applicative server.

For 6.1.1 you can consult the release notes here, where you'll be able to see all new builds and features added for each new release. And if you're saying that your version is from 12/18/2015, it is probably outdated. The ways to have it updated depends on whether you are hosted (in this case you can ask Adobe to do it for you by opening a ticket) or on-premise (in this case you can ask your IT department or person responsible for your Adobe Campaign installation).

Whether you can see an option or not ultimately depends on 2 things:

• Build number (recent builds have obviously more features)
  • Packages installed on your instance - Campaign has many options (depending on your contract) that can be activated. These options can lead to new buttons/features visible in the interface.

Hope this helps,

Florent

Level 2

Thanks for your reply. The build number is 8626.

Thanks

Level 2

Hi, the build number is 8626.

I'm not able to upload custom html as I must select a delivery template that does not allow me to. Would this be down to permissions, version or not having addons?

Could you tell me where i'd find the visibility option and if it's available to me in the version i'm running.

Thanks

Level 10

Hi,

I think the version is not the problem here. Unless your console version is far different from your server version (you can see both under Help > About and they should be the same or close, otherwise it would certainly lead to some unexpected problems).

Have you seen this page? Email channel​ - The "Open" button mentioned should be available.

Hope this helps,

Florent.

Level 2

Thanks a lot!

Do you know what version or build visibility condition can be used?

Thanks!

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Are you talking about visibility conditions that you can set when editing in "DCE (Digital Content Editor) mode"? As described in this page: Creating content

If this is the case, you should be able to use this feature on any Campaign v6.1 build.

Don't hesitate to share screenshots of what you actually see so we can have a better look at it.

Let me know,

Florent.

Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for the reply! Yes that's what i'm talking about. I currently don't have access to the system, so could you tell me where i'd find the Digital Content Editor?

Thanks

Employee

Hi Lordcohen,

Once you open the delivery editor , you can click on properties and go to advanced tab and select DCE in the dropdown.

Let me know if anything is needed

Level 10

Hi,

As Adhiyan​ mentioned, you simply have to change the editing mode of the delivery content to DCE from the delivery's properties (or from the delivery template's properties), as explained in the introduction here: Delivering with the DCE

Let me know how it goes,

Florent.