Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

ACS Javascript reference

Level 4

Hi,

In ACS it is possible to use Javascript within '<%' tags in pretty much the same way as for ACC in a lot of places. There are examples in the documentation where this is used in content blocks for instance, and numerous references to it on these forums. I can't seem to find any reference in the official documentation to it though - is there a complete JS-reference for ACS, similar to  the one for ACC (Adobe Campaign Classic - API Documentation )? Any documentation at all?

Regards,

Jonas

7 Replies

Level 4

There is no JS Activity in ACS to use Workflows, so I don't think there is much we can do with javascript other than using it in content blocks.

Level 4

If it's useable in content blocks, shouldn't this at least be documented? It is also useable in landing pages, also not documented.

Documentation seems to be lacking in other regards as well, I don't see the ability to access workflow context described anywhere, although it can be done (using $(vars/@parameterName) as in Classic).

Employee

Hi Jonas,

Using JS is not allowed in ACS, neither in workflows, landing pages, content blocks.

What you are referring to might be possible in the product, but will not be supported and can lead to issues/errors when upgrading to a new version.  For that reason, you cannot find any documentation on this.

Alice

Level 4

Hi Alice,

Where in the documentation is it stated that it is not allowed?

In the documentation for content blocks (https://helpx.adobe.com/se/campaign/standard/designing/using/adding-a-content-block.html) JS is used without any indication that it wouldn't be allowed. There are also posts in this forum by Adobe staff where they refer to using JS as a solution to different issues.

Level 4

Hi Alice,

I don't think this is true. Also JavaScript support will be added in near future or at least this is what i have been informed of.

Kind regards

Robert

Level 2

Hi,

Can someone answer that, is there any possibilities to use the JS activity/support for some customization in ACS with Adobe's help?

As, there are some JS activities are running in some technical workflows in ACS so likewise, can we use with Adobe's help to do the customization in future?

Thanks,

Sachin C

Employee Advisor

@robayzmaIs JavaScript activity now available in ACS?