Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

ACS - inhibit interface profile creation

Level 2

Hi,

is there a way to disable the profile creation from inteface?

For every custom resource I create, there is the option "Actions on Data" in the "Screen definition" tab where I can choose to enable or disable the authorizations.

But for the profile (that's an OOTB table, which I've extended) these options are missing.

Is it possible to do it? How?

Thank you!

Guglielmo

florentlb

Vipul Raghav

4 Replies

Employee

Hi Guglielmo,

It looks like the option for profiles extension can be found under the data structure tab.

1499850_pastedImage_0.png

Can you add them and see if you can restrict access via Org units and Geo units.

Regards,
Adhiyan

Level 2

Hi Adhiyan​,

thank you for the support.

However I still miss how could this help me exactly: if I'm not wrong, for example:

• I associate every profile to a parent Unit (org or geo)
  • I associate the users (AC operators) to a son Unit

in this way the operators can't modify the profiles belonging to the parent unit, but is the possibility of creating new ones also inhibited?

how exactly?

I'll make some tests now for sure, please advice if u can help me further.

Thanks!

Guglielmo

Level 2

Hi,

I've made some tests, and they confirms what I said in my last post. If I associate every user to a parent Unit (for example All org Unit), while my ACS operators are assisgned to a son Unit, the operators can't modify the existing profiles but they can still create new profiles.

The new profiles will be associated automatically to the organizational unit which the operator belongs, but it's not what I need to achieve.

Have you got other ideas?

Adhiyan

Vipul Raghav

florentlb

Jean-Serge Biron

Level 10

Hi Guglielmo,

I believe this is not currently possible. Please feel free to submit this as an idea​.

Thanks!

Pablo