Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

typology rules

Level 2

If I have applied a typology rule which excludes recipients which are less than 18 yrs old but by applying this rule, the number of recipients are reducing to less than desired number of recipients to whom I need to send the delivery. What should I do to make sure the minimum recipient are still available for delivery without removing the typology rule ?

I believe that adding a filtering rule before typology rule may be an option but the same is being done in typology rule also (adding the filter rule to exclude recipients less than 18 yrs age). So, what could be a probable solution here pls ?

Regards.

Piyush

4 Replies

Level 4

Hi Piyush,

You didnt check if your typoligy have more conditions ? maybe that why you are excluding more people.

otherwise if you are using a workflow you can add a condition before the delivery.

Regards,

Badr.

Employee Advisor

Hi Piyush,

I'd recommend going the same route that Badr mentioned.  Specifically I'd add the filtering logic to a Split activity and ensure that you are displaying the complement.  Then you can review excluded data in the outbound split transition to see why you are removing more recipients than expected and if the data is accurate.

Regards,

Craig

Level 2

Hi,

What I understood from your suggestion is, remove the 18+ yrs typology rule and use filtering conditions to achieve the target.

Is that correct understanding ?

Regards,

Piyush

Employee Advisor

That would be my recommendation yes.  I find that filtering prior to the delivery allows for more control and easier analysis of the data being excluded versus doing it at the time of delivery within a typology.