Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Required a Decision Tree on Understanding of Delivery Failure Scenarios in Campaign

Level 7

Hello Folks,

I would like to get some detailed insights on how the Delivery Failure Scenarios work. Let's say i have currently Delivery Logs which will give information about Success and Failed Deliveries. I do have Exclusion Logs also which will give Excluded Addresses information which can be due to (Duplicates, Quarantine and Blacklisting)

But one thing is not clear if we want to check if any Email address(s) is no longer valid and should not be targeted, how can we identify such information from the logs. We want to filter out only those recipients (using query filters either on Failure Type / Status / Reason etc.) and do a cleanup of the data in Campaign + other systems outside of Campaign (based on information that is exported and sent from Campaign).

I am referring following classic documentation:

Monitoring a delivery

Understanding delivery failures

Understanding quarantine management

So would be great if I can get some Documentation in Detail (probably a Decision Tree, Scenarios and respective outcomes etc.) which will be helpful for Technical Teams and Business in understanding.

Quick help is appreciated!

Regards,

Sri Bhargav

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Invalid addresses are stored in nms:address.

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 10

Hi SriBhargav,

In order to ease the filtering from nms:recipient, the emailInfo elements comes from a join with nms:address.

Please note that an email in nms:address doesn't mean being invalid; there could be whitelisted emails in nms:address, valid after soft bounces until being treated by the nighthly job in case there are valid after some attempts to be delivered, otherwise there are classified as hard bounces. So please the type + status+ message reason accordingly to the documentation.

But yes, the documentation could be improved a bit with more examples.

Regards
J-Serge

Level 7

Hi J-Serge,

Thanks for the Information. However we custom schema which is not extended from OOTB (nms:recipient) schema.

Also we don't have access to the Non-Deliverables Management Folder under Administration/Campaign management.

So can you help if is there any other way to check this?

Regards,

Sri Bhargav

Level 10

Hi Sri,

OK if you don't use the factory nms:recipient for default target schema/document, and you use a custom delivery mapping, you should define an element as emailInfo to link with the nms:address content so it eases querie
(or ask your admin to do so).
And normally the broadlogs tables content of your custom delivery mapping should be accessible for you, even if you are not allowed to access to the Administration node (very classical management of privileges, please see again with your admin if not the case).
Regarding the nms:address access, perhaps your admin can create a view folder with reading rights only, it is what I do for sharing information with Campaign managers without granting too much privileges.

Regards
J-Serge