Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

referencing javascript library in personalized block issue with delivery template

Level 5

HI

I am calling a javascript library into personalized block to do some URL parameter encryptions. That works fine when I preview the delivery template ( personalization) but when i try to use the delivery template to send out email fails with this error

JST -#ID# the result of the formula for the '<%LoadLibrary('URL in the '#ID#' delivery action is not valid . JST-#ID# failed to replace tracked URLs (content htmlContent)

this is the javascript on the personalized block

<%

loadLibrary("wp:base64.js");

var _email= recipient.email;

var _id = recipient.id;

var url = "id=" + _id + "&email=" + _email;

var main_url = "https://preferencestest.test.com";

%>

<%=main_url %>/Preferences/OptDown?params=<%=escapeUrl(Base64.encode(url))%>

12 Replies

Community Advisor

You could try something like this:

<%

var _id = recipient.id;

var buffer = new MemoryBuffer();

buffer.fromString(url);

var encryptedString= buffer.toBase64();

%>

<%=main_url %>/Preferences/OptDown?params=<%=encryptedString%>

Thanks.

Level 5

I still get the same issue . it complains on Tracking URL

Error_Email.png

Community Advisor

Hi,

Please share your tracking URL you have specified in your delivery.

Code shared above is correct, it is working fine for me.

Thanks.

Level 5

here is the link for unsubscribe and the image with tracking URL on delivery template

<a href="<%@ include view='wpKADUnsubscribeUrl'%>" name="HTML_preference_link" _label="HTML_preference_link" _type="optout" target="_blank" style="-ms-text-size-adjust: 100%;-webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;color: #C41230;text-decoration: none;font-weight: normal;">  Unsubscribe  </a>

tracking.png

Level 5

Hi,

Try this in personalization block-

<%

var _id = recipient.id;

%>

Preferences/OptDown?params=<%=escapeUrl(Base64.encode(url))%>

Content as-

<a href=https://preferencestest.test.com/"<%@ include view='wpKADUnsubscribeUrl'%>" name="HTML_preference_link" _label="HTML_preference_link" _type="optout" target="_blank" style="-ms-text-size-adjust: 100%;-webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;color: #C41230;text-decoration: none;font-weight: normal;">  Unsubscribe  </a>

Community Advisor

Hello vendimb15716755​,

Check how is the pair 'MirrorPageUr, MirrorPagel' made in personalization blocks.

Marcel

HI @prasanna

it still have a problem if I enable tracking. it doesnt like any of the javascript variable. Not sure why it works fine on preview but the tracking URL breaks the delivery

Level 5

Have you enabled it or disabled? Try disabling it and see. Then we can identify if that is an issue with tracking or without. The error is saying that it is failed to replace tracked urls. If this is not working even after disabling the tracking , probably raise a support ticket and we can guide you there.

Thanks!

yes I tried and is working. When I disable the tracking it works. I want to do the tracking though as we need to get the clicks tracked.

HI @prasannam97453277

as I mention on my previous message if I disable tracking the email get delivered. Any other way to accomplish this via Personalized block or other variables ?

Hi,

It is not working when complete domain is upulled from personalization block. I used this as personalization block (TEST)-

<%

var _id = recipient.id;

%>

<%=escapeUrl(Base64.encode(url))%>

And used this in email ink-

1856738_pastedImage_3.png

It worked. Also you have params attribute as a part of url and adding id and email as parameters which would make something like this-

https://preferencestest.test.com/Preferences/OptDown?params=id="some id"&email="some email"

This link will not work even if teh delivery is deployed. Thanks!

Level 5

Hi jyotiy43907700

did you get a chance to look at my response? I am still having issues . if the Tracking is enabled on template I am not able to pass the custom URL to the unsubscribe link. it breaks the deliver ( even though preview is fine on AC)

any help would be appreciated