Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

'postmaster' and 'abuse' mailboxes

Level 4

Hi all,

We are currently in the process of getting certified by Return-Path and we have been advised to have and monitor these two mailboxes postmaster@ and abuse@ They seem to be live somehow because at least they don't bounce, but I would need to know how to make sure they exist and how to monitor them (automatic forward?)

Thanks very much for your help

Guillermo

10 Replies

Level 8

Hello,

You can find these two mailboxes postmaster@ and abuse@

Adminstration --> Campaign Management --> Non Deliverables Management --> Mail rule sets

And please find the below link for how to monitor those :

Monitoring a delivery

Level 4

Thanks venur81308875,

I am not sure I fully understand your point. Do you mean that a regular email sent to our abuse@ or postmaster@ mailboxes would be considered as a bounce and so can be 'read' by the rules?

Thanks very much

Guillermo

Level 8

I presume yes.

For example, there is an error that is known to be temporary, such as "Out of office", or a technical error and the sender type is "postmaster".

And the reply will come to the email id what we have provided already under mail rule sets and the path provided in previous comment.

Thanks,

Venu

Level 4

Thanks Venu,

There's a misunderstanding then. You mean a proper bounce, sent from a 'postmaster' account (as sender) to our Return-Path address. What I mean is an email sent to our postmaster account.

I hpoe it makes more sense now.

Thanks

Guillermo

Level 8

The mails received in mailboxes such as postmaster@ and abuse@ as the goal is to ensure your complaint rate does not exceed .3% per ISP at any point, as this key metric determines whether your messages are delivered or not.

Thanks,

Venu

Level 4

Sorry Venu, I think I don't understand your point.

Thanks

Guillermo

Level 4

Hi Venu,

Do you kindly have any chance to explain your point above? Maybe @pablo.rosero can also give a hand here.

Regards

Guillermo

Level 8

Hi guillermoL​,

Are you asking like what if we sent an email to postmaster account.

I'm not sure why you want to send an email to postmaster account if that is the question.

I presume the postmaster account is used to send an email and captures in return path address if an email got bounce because of an error like ignored.

And the agenda of using these mailboxes such as postmaster@ and abuse@ as the goal is to ensure your complaint rate does not exceed .3% per ISP at any point, as this key metric determines whether your messages are delivered or not.

Regards,

venu

Level 4

Hi venur81308875, and thanks for your reply.

I am actually asking about how to 'read' these accounts postmaster@ and abuse@. There are a few reasons why you might want to send an email to those, and thus they should be monitored. This is exactly what I am trying to do.

Regards

Guillermo