Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Not able to update email address field in data schema as it is marked as Primary key

Level 3

Hi There

I need to update the email address field values from uppercase to lower case to make them uniform inside the data schema but it is not happening because email address is marked as Primary key.

Please help me to achieve this or please suggest any workaround.

Thanks

Nandhakumar

7 Replies

Level 8

Hi nandhakumarp32626249​,

You can use the function lower() in the list of funtions (Expression -->> List of functions).

Regards,

Venu

Level 3

Hi Venu

Thanks for your quick turnaround.

I've tried it but it is not working. Also to clarify, if that field is marked as primary key, is that stopping from update request.

Thanks

Nandha

Level 8

Hi Nandha,

I tried in my instance and it is working as expected.

It won't stop updating the filed even though if the field is marked as primary key.

Regards,

Venu

Community Advisor

Hi,

Update your schema attribute to dataPolicy="lowerCase" to lowercase going forward.

If possible, instead of setting properties on the field use template="xtk:common:email" for consistency with the rest of the system.

Thanks,

-Jon

Hi Jon

But schema is already having dataPolicy="email". Should i update my custom schema or any other workaround? This is about email address field.

<attribute dataPolicy="email" desc="Email address" label="Email" length="128"

name="email" sqlname="sEmail" type="string"/>

Thanks

Nandhakumar.P

Community Advisor

Oh, right. Other options are to lowercase at points of intake, i.e. update activity with lower() and form leave+set, or to instead reference a second attribute lowercasing the first, i.e. <attribute expr="lower(@email)"/>.