Highlighted

Need Help changing language in ACC Client

mxfanatic

13-07-2019

When trying to install the ACC Client 'setup-client-7.0.8981' I accidentally selected French. Now, even when I quit and restart the installer, it only shows french. How do I change this? I love the french, but I can't read much of it. Thanks for the help!

Replies

Highlighted

Anita_p

MVP

14-07-2019

Hi,

Campaign language is selected while creating an instance and unfortunately it cannot be changed later on.

Regards,

Anita

Highlighted

mxfanatic

15-07-2019

I understand an instance cannot be changed. We are using the Adobe hosted instance. It is in English. I am talking about the local client console application that I install on my machine. I was able to find the .fra language file after finishing the install, and remove it. This helped with the app, but only temporarily. Any new installs will break. I know that the installer is simply saving a file somewhere on my computer that it is referencing. I just need to know where it is, so that I can remove it before the next install. I looked in %appdata% and %temp% to no avail.

Highlighted

Anita_p

MVP

15-07-2019

Hi,

Can you please check C-drive on your local .

Here is the screenshot of the path and all the folders/set up file which are created while installing the client console.

IMG_9274.JPG

Try deleting all of these and then start fresh.

Let me know how you go.

Regards,

Anita

Highlighted

mxfanatic

16-07-2019

Yea. This path is where I removed the french language file after the install in french. I also had to rename all of the start menu shortcuts.

Highlighted

ryanb13038195

05-11-2019

Hey mxfanatic

Where you successful in changing this language back to English? One of my teammates made the same mistake and we are trying to unblock him from French to English.

Any guidance on what you did would be great.

Highlighted

Jyoti_Y

MVP

05-11-2019

Hi,

Try with removing Neolane folder from your local machine.

Path:

C:\Users\<userName>\AppData\Roaming\Neolane

Delete Neolane folder, uninstall neolane and then try to install Client Console Again.

Thanks.