Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Database locations of fields

Level 3

Hi,

How can we find the database locations of fields?

For instance, an extendedSchemaTable with a namespace nsp has a fieldName with string type.

How do we locate this fieldName?

10 Replies

Level 3

Hi,

I am not sure if I got understood your question. But in case, you are looking for the details of a field (of an extended schema), you can check the 'Preview' tab of the main schema. (e.g. if nms:recipient schema has been extended to cus:recipient, the extended field details can be viewed in Preview tab of nms:recipient schema).

Thanks,

Subhajit

Level 3

Thanks, Subhajit,

What will be the value if I need to use it in a workflow ?

will it be nspExtendedSchemaTable.sFieldName ?

Hi,

It should be originalSchema.sfieldName. e.g. nmsRecipient.newField.

Thanks,

Subhajit

In addition to this, if I create a variable within a workflow, let say myCode in an activity,

and then later if I want to use this code, then i have to use it as targetData.myCode, am I right?

Then if I need to create a query then I have to use [targetData/@myCode], is this ok?

For a variable in your workflow, you can define it as instance.vars.xxx (considering xxx is the variable name) and use it in your query block as $(instance/vars/@xxx)

Level 3

Thanks, I got your logic.,

nmsOrginalSchemaName.FieldName

(if we provide a name for the field at XML, then it will be Fieldname, otherwise,

system would assign sFieldName, i think.)

Level 3

Good point!

Then, what is the difference of targetData.myCode, [targetData/@myCode], @myCode or myCode ?

May I know, where are you planning to access the fields - query or javascript? targetData is used for Targeting dimension of the workflow.

Thanks for asking, from JavaScript, but I will be glad to learn Query also.

Level 4

Hi

In a schema view, click on preview tab.

SQL Table name will be stored as schema.element.@sqltable

SQL Field name will be stored as schema.element.attribute.@sqlname