Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Creating iOS and Android notification channels which simultaneously check for failure

Level 1

Hi,

I am currently working on designing a campaign which is capable of splitting customers by either iOS or Android, sending a push notification to each channel simultaneously, checking for failure for each channel, then (if a failure exists), combining these channels and instead send an SMS.

I am trying to query on the success of each individual @deliveryId, but running both iOS and Android streams simultaneously means the delivery ID is overwritten by one channel over the other. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to remedy this and filter out the successful deliveries for both channels before they are recombined?

Cheers,

Kieran

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Delivery id's overwritten? Should be query targeting broadlog:

• Select recipient-id
  • Where delivery in (your deliveries), status=failed

Then change dimension to recipient to send.

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 1

vars.deliveryId is overridden where multiple delivery are fired simultaneously in the same campaign

Community Advisor

The immediate answer is to stash vars.deliveryId prior to overwrite, e.g. vars.iosDeliveryId = vars.deliveryId in a script preceding where they connect. Though I have to wonder if there's a clearer way to solve the use case you have.