Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Can't create external database

Level 3

I have a fully on premise instance that is on running v.7. Campaign is installed on the same server that our data intended for campaign is located. It is an Oracle DB. However, I cannot create access to the external DB.

When I go to Tools>Advanced>Create database..., I get the database creation wizard. The Engine and Server are pre-populated with the correct information> I check the "use an existing database" option, and click next. The DB name is pre-populated and I enter the password, and click the below data character boxes and set the time zone. I don't change any of the packages checked (Delivery, marketing Campaigns (Campaign), and Access to External Data (Federated Data Access)), then click next. I check the box to "display and edit the SQL script for creating the tables". Leave the delete existing table box empty. Leave all following names default and add a name for the temp table name. I uncheck the "set or change password for Adobe 'admin' application account. When I click next, I get an error.

The error says -

Unknown schema 'xtk:srcSchema'.

Why is this happening? When I look into the data schems in the exlporer view, this schema exists.

Thank you

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi,

It's unclear to me if you want to use that database as Campaign database, or if you want to use it as an "external" database where you'd just access the data.

These 2 things are different in Campaign. For example, when creating an instance: see Creating and configuring the database ​or to simply create an external database access: see Accessing an external database

Hope this helps,

Florent