Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Adobe Campaign - Enquiry about the inbound email bounce

Level 1

Hi guys,

I am Adobe Campaign's campaign manager. Recently i have come across a lot of bounce in my delivery, with core bounce message below.

Can any experts share with me what this code means, as i want to understand the situation led to the result of such a bounce?

1. Momen_Code10_InvalidRecipient
  2. Momen_Code40_GenericBounce
  3. Momen_Code54_RelayDenied

Below are the details quoted from Administration > Campaign Management > Non deliverables Management > Mail rule set

Scripting for

var res;

var sHeader = typeof this["x-bounce-code"] == "undefined" ? "" : this["x-bounce-code"];

if( sHeader.indexOf("10") != -1 )

res=true;

else

res=false;

Scripting for

var res;

var sHeader = typeof this["x-bounce-code"] == "undefined" ? "" : this["x-bounce-code"];

if( sHeader.indexOf("40") != -1 )

res=true;

else

res=false;

Scripting for

var res;

if( sHeader.indexOf("54") != -1 )

res=true;

else

res=false;

Best regards,

Karen

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Karen,

No worries at all.  Your MX/Domain management can matter with bounces though that is typically in regards to a message being throttled or being queued up as the max amount of messages per-hour for a specific domain gets hit.

That said, these configurations are typically custom and configured during the application implementation process, either by an Adobe Deliverability consultant or by our clients so they tend to vary a bit.  From what I'm seeing, it doesn't look like anything entirely out of the ordinary, but I'd highly recommend pulling in an Adobe Deliverability consultant as this is their realm of expertise.

Regards,

Craig

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 2

No idea about Campaign classic or standard or even a different forum, but the Forum comments will not give much useful answers as this is for problems with the forum and not Adobe products.

Discussion successfully moved from Forum comments to Adobe Campaign Classic

Employee Advisor

Hello Karen,

For us to dive into the exact root cause, I'd suggest submitting a ticket to Adobe Campaign Support since we'll likely need to review your Campaign instance and the recipients that are bouncing.

That said allow me to provide some generic info around the messages you are experiencing below:

Invalid recipient typically indicates that either the address or the domain is typo'd or doesn't exist and thus the address cannot be sent to.  This is a hard bounce error message.

Generic Bounce means that the receiving domain sent us a failure response that did not match any known rule.  This is listed as a soft bounce.  In order to address an error like this, you would need to reach out to the recipient's email provider to understand what the failure was.

Email was blocked by the receiving domain because relaying is not allowed.  If your instance uses a relay, some domains may not accept your deliveries.  This would also be considered a hard bounce.

Regards,

Craig

Level 1

Dear Craig,

Thanks so much for your reply, as it is very useful indeed.  Really grateful for your kind sharing on this knowledge.

As my company has just started using Adobe campaign in the past month, I would need my IT to check whether or not the backend setting is correct. This is because the domain of those ‘affected’ records are coming from those proper/ famous one.  So, it makes me feel puzzled for why so many bounce case is happening.  And if necessary, i would surely raise the ticket to Adobe Support.

Thanks much.

Best regards,

Karen

Level 1

Dear Craig,

Sorry for raising additional question -

Will the setup in Domain Management matter the bounce as well? It looks to me the domain management set up in my instance seems a bit weird.

1757517_pastedImage_0.png

Best regards,

Karen

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Karen,

No worries at all.  Your MX/Domain management can matter with bounces though that is typically in regards to a message being throttled or being queued up as the max amount of messages per-hour for a specific domain gets hit.

That said, these configurations are typically custom and configured during the application implementation process, either by an Adobe Deliverability consultant or by our clients so they tend to vary a bit.  From what I'm seeing, it doesn't look like anything entirely out of the ordinary, but I'd highly recommend pulling in an Adobe Deliverability consultant as this is their realm of expertise.

Regards,

Craig