Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

☕[Adobe Campaign Community Q&A Coffee Break] Sep 2nd, 12pm IST: Shweta Ram, Senior Solutions Consultant☕

Administrator

Join us for our next Adobe Campaign Community Q&A Coffee Break, on Thursday, September 2nd, 2021 @ 12pm IST

Register here for this Adobe Campaign Community Q&A Coffee Break.

We'll be joined by Shweta Ram aka @shwetar, Senior Solutions Consultant for Adobe Campaignwho will be signed in here to the Adobe Campaign Community to chat directly with you on this thread to take your Adobe Campaign questions pertaining to her areas of expertise: 

• Cross-channel orchestration based on use cases -
    • Workflow optimization
    • Personalization
    • Customer lifecycle management
    • Integrations

REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE 

• Must be signed in to the Community during the 1-hour period 
  • Must post a Question about Adobe Campaign Coffee Break topic on this thread
  • Think of this as the Adobe Campaign Community equivalent of an AMA, (“Ask Me Anything”), and bring your best speed-typing game

INSTRUCTIONS

• Click the blue “Reply” button at the bottom right corner of this post
  • Begin your Question with @shwetar 
  • When exchanging messages with Shweta about your specific question, be sure to use the editor’s "QUOTE" button, which will indicate which post you're replying to, and will help contain your conversation with Shweta

shweta.jpg 

Shweta Ram is a Senior Solution Consultant who works across Experience Cloud Products focusing on Customer Journey Management based out of India.  She has over a decade of experience running Customer Experience driven transformation profiles.. Shweta uses her experience to drive  recommendations to drive lifecycle based campaigns, driving integrated use cases and campaign personalization to drive conversions.

Sukrity Wadhwa
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

16 Replies

Employee

Hello Everyone, Looking forward to talking to you'll today. I am a Senior Solution Consultant based out of India.

Community Advisor

@shwetar Hello, thank you for joining. I have a question related to the personalization. Some Adobe consultants suggest to use for example recipient.salutation instead of targetData.salutation for faster execution. Could you, please, confirm that the tool can faster do personalization if value comes from Recipient table but from temporary tables in workflow? Unable to see a difference in the speed execution on MTA server during replacing a value (apart from additional effort for campaign practitioners to bring ad-hoc (targetData) value in the workflow).

Thank you in advance.

Employee

Hi @Milan_Vucetic , Yes, you are correct. This recommendation probably comes from best practices we follow while referring to temporary tables. The recommendation is subject to how tables are structured, size of tables, nature of workflows, number of personalization elements and more. One of the reasons i suspect for this suggestion could be that temporary tables could result in the size of the database increasing significantly and eventually the size limit being reached therefore slowing down the speed of execution. 

Employee

Additionally, here is a document to help you guide how to decide on the data model and structures based on attributes needed:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/configuring-campaign-classic/data-mod... 

Hope this helps.

Administrator

Hi @shwetar,
Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions today!

This question was originally posted by Community member @roshang :

Hi everyone,

On viewing Marketing channel report, there is some inflation in visits. Attaching marketing channel report for the reference. Page Views are lower than visits. What can be the possible reason for this inflation?

Screenshot (25).png

Thanks.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-classic-questions/inflation-in-visit...

Sukrity Wadhwa

Employee

Hi, Thanks for the query. This is something we often see with reports. While the exact nature of the campaign and the report may need some investigation. But this is something we commonly see. The primary reason is the way in which Visits and Page views are tracked. Page views counts the number of times a page is viewed. Visits counts the number of sessions for visitors. One visit consists of one or more page.

Level 2

Hi, 

My understanding is that Visits can be higher in the Marketing Channel Report over Marketing Channel Instances if Direct/Session refresh are set to NOT override Last Touch. Since visits are incremented each time a new channel is hit, a user could hit multiple channels in one session.  Is that a correct understanding?  

If the business just wants a very high level report of traffic (not conversions) coming from each Marketing Channel, which is the most accurate metric to use?  Visits? Marketing Channel Instances? or Campaign  Click Throughs (I read somewhere that this could be used as Visits metric)?   As you can see here, there is quite a discrepancy in values.  I don't know which metric accurately answers the question, "how many customers came from (Marketing Channel)?"

Thanks in advance!! 6-29-2022 8-18-33 AM.png

Level 2

Hi,

I have seen this response and read through it many times prior to reaching out to you. However, I don't believe it answers my question.  The answer in the post is comparing the SUM of the Visits in a Marketing Channel report vs the SUM of the Visits in a site wide report.   As you can see here, on a given day, the sum of the Visits in the Marketing Channel report is higher, since a customer can touch multiple channels in a Visit.  As stated in that post you are referencing, the total Visits is always the same because of de-duplication.  I am specifically asking about the comparison between Marketing Channel Visits and Marketing Channel Instances, as shown in my original screen shot.

Marketing Channel Visits

6-30-2022 7-32-22 AM.pngThanks

Site Wide Visits:

6-30-2022 7-39-40 AM.png

Administrator

Hi @JSP2

I would recommend that you post your query in the Adobe Analytics Community for greater visibility as all our Adobe Analytics experts are present their, monitoring the forum to help fellow users.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa

Administrator

Hi @shwetar,

Here’s an Idea in the Community where I feel your expertise on the topic could be really beneficial.

This was originally posted by Community member @david--garcia :

Description - I'd like to be able to leave notes or descriptions on workflow canvases, perhaps an extra tab space on all activities to write notes for marketers? and then change the activity with an icon on the corner which shows notes are inside, perhaps even bring up a popup showing the notes or summary on highlight of the activity Icon. Also allow to add notes on canvases, see examples below.

David__Garcia_1-1629252356339.png

Current Behaviour – non

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-classic-ideas/webapp-workflows-quot-...

Sukrity Wadhwa

Employee

Hi, Thanks for this suggestion @david--garcia . One of the ways that I manage it is to label my query like in this post 

shwetar_0-1630566395569.png

This description will then reflect on the canvas. Hope this helps.

shwetar_2-1630566560360.png

Administrator

Hi @shwetar,

Here's another question from the Community originally posted by Community member @roshang :

Hi community,

I have a question regarding Campaign UTMs data. The campaign data was populating correctly till yesterday. When I checked the campaign report today, all of the historical data is wiped out and showing 'unknown'.

But a new dimension 'Tracking Code' contains all the campaign data. I just wanted to inquire is there any new update regarding campaign tracking or tracking code or is there any other way to sort this issue

(Attaching screenshot for your reference)

Screenshot (22).png

Campaign Report

Screenshot (21).png

Tracking code report

Thanks

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-classic-questions/campaign-utm-name-...

Sukrity Wadhwa

Employee

Hi @roshang , Trust you are well and this issue is resolved. While this needs some investigation. A few reasons could be that  an event fires without a conversion variable, or the variable is not available or not specified. Another scenario could be that the moment the event occurs (revenue), the corresponding users had no tracking code.

Administrator

Thanks a lot @shwetar for taking out the time to chat with us today! This was supremely helpful.

Sukrity Wadhwa