Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Adobe Campaign Architecture Question _ urgent ...

Level 2

Hi Team,

I have 2 questions here, any help is highly appreciated on this.

We have a client whom we proposed Adobe Campaign hybrid model with Frontal Servers staying with Adobe[Geo 1, country 1] and Application Servers and database servers staying with Client in Geo 2[Country 2].

We proposed that database and application server should be on the same network connected via LAN as mentioned in the architecture below.

s_ncs_install_architecture.png

Client wants to move Application Servers to a Third party in Geo 1[country 1] and database servers with Geo 2[Country 2].

Now Application Servers and database servers are not on the same network but on different networks altogether.

1. Is it feasible or what all challenges will be there with the new architecture?2. Does Adobe recommend this?

3. Client says that they have this new architecture as they want the application server to connect with their different branches across the globe, as every geo can have only database servers and can connect to these application servers, so its like same application servers are used for different database servers at different geo, it that really can be done?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards
Mahesh
Adhiyan

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

1. Is it feasible or what all challenges will be there with the new architecture?

Yes, just whitelist the app servers' egress IP range on the DB server's network, for the RDBMS port you're using. Expect higher latency when using the software.

3. Client says that they have this new architecture as they want the application server to connect with their different branches across the globe, as every geo can have only database servers and can connect to these application servers, so its like same application servers are used for different database servers at different geo, it that really can be done?

Yes, use FDA, with HTTP(S) if required.

Thanks,

-Jon

Many Thanks for your help Jon.

Yes, use FDA, with HTTP(S) if required.

-So these data base servers are the campaign database servers, am I right?

Also, can 1 application server connect to multiple frontal servers?

Community Advisor

So these data base servers are the campaign database servers, am I right?

DB servers as in where external customer data is hosted. Campaign has only one db per instance.

Also, can 1 application server connect to multiple frontal servers?

Frontal server as in web server (reverse proxy)? You can but it won't provide any benefit.

Really Appreciate your help Jon

Yes Frontal Servers as in Web Servers - Tracking Servers that stay in DMZ Zone

In the above architecture diagram, there is a strong line From Application Server which says SMTP port 25

1700720_pastedImage_0.png

As per my understanding Application Servers are not responsible to send the communication out, but frontal server sends the communication out, so I don;t understand why SMTP port 25 is connected to application server
Strange part is one arrow is outbound and other is inbound to application server, i don't understand why is that?

Thanks in advance.

Community Advisor

Hi,

Adobe Campaign can be thought of as a collection of modules that can function independently, in a quasi-layered architecture. Tracking functionality, open pixels and url click-through, is provided by the trackinglogd module in conjunction with an Apache or IIS plugin. Tracking needs to be publicly accessible and support 24/7 potentially high-volume web traffic, so in this diagram crop is depicted as logically separate from the app servers on the internal network, which serve other marketing needs.

Thanks,

-Jon

Really appreciate your help.
What I understood so far is that MTA can stay on either DMZ zone servers or Application Servers which stay behind client's firewall.
As per the diagram below MTA is sitting in DMZ zone1701139_pastedImage_0.png

But in the previous diagram, MTA was sitting in application Servers, that is the reason there was SMTP connection with Application Servers - Please correct me if I am wrong here.

Regards
Mahesh

Community Advisor

Well this is an interesting diagram. I can't say I understand the app server's existence on the Servers LAN, is it for deployments where IT has to spend excess budget and also doesn't want intranet users to have failover? Are intranet users on a separate LAN, are extranet users just computers that use internet?

Subtracting the LAN app server and making assorted corrections- active/passive load balancing for users, resource deployment to app servers, shared storage for app server file upload, etc- it's a pretty ordinary architecture. Public-facing app servers are in a DMZ due to needing internal db access and also serving internet.