Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Workflow logic for customers in Recipient table with Birthday date VS blank Birthday date and a different email to be sent.

Level 3

Hello Masters of Adobe,

Is it possible? If yes, what would be the logic in the workflow for the following tasks.

a) A workflow logic that will check if a customer's Birthday in the recipient table is empty/blank and send an anniversary email - different from Birthday email

b) A workflow logic that will check if a customer's Birthday date is in the recipient table and send a Birthday email - different from Anniversary email

I am aware that there is more than one way of addressing this, but I would appreciate any hints or solutions.

Thank you,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @MarioGlad ,

you can achieve your logic in a single workflow using SPLIT activity.

workflow.PNG

In Initial Query target your recipients

In Split Activity, in subset tab define a filtering condition as birthdate is not empty (Refer below screenshot)

Subset.PNG

subset query.PNG

And in General tab, Enable generate complement as below

general tab.PNG

Now you can have 'Birthday Email' for 'Recipients with Birthdate' transition and 'Anniversary Email for 'Birthdate is Empty' transition.

workflow.PNG

Regards,

ParthaSarathy S 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @MarioGlad ,

you can achieve your logic in a single workflow using SPLIT activity.

workflow.PNG

In Initial Query target your recipients

In Split Activity, in subset tab define a filtering condition as birthdate is not empty (Refer below screenshot)

Subset.PNG

subset query.PNG

And in General tab, Enable generate complement as below

general tab.PNG

Now you can have 'Birthday Email' for 'Recipients with Birthdate' transition and 'Anniversary Email for 'Birthdate is Empty' transition.

workflow.PNG

Regards,

ParthaSarathy S