Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Which INT type is better to store whole numbers without affecting Database and Instance performance?

Level 1

Hi,

I need to store whole number which range exceeds than the allowed range of INT(long). There is an another option to use BIG-INT (int64) for the large range of values, but seems it will affect schema and instance performance and also consumes a lot of storage. I need to use int64 in some cases without impacting on instance and schema performance. Kindky help me to resolve this issue.

Best Regards,

Riyas

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Riyas,

In this case, this is more of a DB performance question versus Campaign.  That said, I'd suggest making note of your database type and version along with your operating system and then doing a web search on what is the recommended value type based on your database, DB version and OS.

Regards,

Craig

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Riyas,

In this case, this is more of a DB performance question versus Campaign.  That said, I'd suggest making note of your database type and version along with your operating system and then doing a web search on what is the recommended value type based on your database, DB version and OS.

Regards,

Craig