Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Which INT type is better to store whole numbers without affecting Database and Instance performance?

Level 1

Hi,

I need to store whole number which range exceeds than the allowed range of INT(long). There is an another option to use BIG-INT (int64) for the large range of values, but seems it will affect schema and instance performance and also consumes a lot of storage. I need to use int64 in some cases without impacting on instance and schema performance. Kindky help me to resolve this issue.

Best Regards,

Riyas

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Riyas,

In this case, this is more of a DB performance question versus Campaign.  That said, I'd suggest making note of your database type and version along with your operating system and then doing a web search on what is the recommended value type based on your database, DB version and OS.

Regards,

Craig

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Riyas,

In this case, this is more of a DB performance question versus Campaign.  That said, I'd suggest making note of your database type and version along with your operating system and then doing a web search on what is the recommended value type based on your database, DB version and OS.

Regards,

Craig