Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

What is the difference between an architect and business practitioner?

Level 1

Can anyone tell me specifically how the roles of an Adobe Campaign architect and business practitioner differ?  Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Yes, those are directly in the purview of BP.

Level-wise if there had to be a ladder for ACC certs in terms of product-specific depth it would roughly go: Sales > BP > Dev > Architect, though the groups are disjoint and have different responsibilities.

Thanks,

-Jon

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

In general an architect is responsible for the overall solution design and its technical implementation (architecture, integrations, customizations), e.g. configuring environments.

Business practitioner is more operational, collecting marketing requirements and implementing them within the framework provided by the architect, e.g. making campaigns.

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 1

Thanks so much, Jon.  Does the business practitioner role also include some html/css development and creating/modifying workflows?  I'm trying to figure out which certification level best matches my current work in Campaign.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Yes, those are directly in the purview of BP.

Level-wise if there had to be a ladder for ACC certs in terms of product-specific depth it would roughly go: Sales > BP > Dev > Architect, though the groups are disjoint and have different responsibilities.

Thanks,

-Jon