Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Web App link in an email proof shows an error instead of the actual Web App.

Level 5

Hello everyone,

I'm facing an issue when I want to send out an email containing a web app link (as a button) I created.

When testing in preview mode with a random test personalization. I can go through my email, click on the button to access the web app and it displays well.

The problem occurs when I try to send a proof to see how the render looks like and it seems that when I click on the link to access the web app, that window prompt with just an "ERROR" message instead of the actual web app :

7PuUnAoJmn.png

Here are the delivery logs but nothing much to say about that :

nlclient_N0RAoiINUo.png

Does this error happens to someone already when sending a test proof and have a clue on how to fix that ?

If you need more information for solving my problem, feel free to ask

EDIT : I check both link in my preview (the one that work) and in the email (the one that doesn't work) and it looks like the URL that different. That should be the case, right ? Both version applies for the same customer.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Bonjour Thibault,

If you are sure to have published the same webApp version than you are testing in Preview mode, then such errors could happen for missing some parameters that are actually mandatory in your webApp code and that you got by Previewing your email with a specific contact (or adress control).

The best thing to do is checking web.log file.

If no details are written for the error, then test your webApp with your browser by adding these parameters:
&_debug&_uuid=<value to get in Preview mode of your webApp>

Best Regards
J-Serge

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Bonjour Thibault,

If you are sure to have published the same webApp version than you are testing in Preview mode, then such errors could happen for missing some parameters that are actually mandatory in your webApp code and that you got by Previewing your email with a specific contact (or adress control).

The best thing to do is checking web.log file.

If no details are written for the error, then test your webApp with your browser by adding these parameters:
&_debug&_uuid=<value to get in Preview mode of your webApp>

Best Regards
J-Serge