Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Variable being empty in alerts

Level 3

Hello,

We are using variables in our "Alert" nodes and it seems that they are working fine if the variable is within the xtk:workflow table. We use for example

<%= instance.label %>.

On the other side we would like to add some other data from other tables such as nms:operation. I have been trying to do that using <%= instance.operation.internalName %> without any success.

Is it because the tables are on two different dimensions? How can i solve this issue?

Many thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @A_B_SE ,

The instance object is created when you are executing a workflow. So you won't be able to call other schema details using instance object. It only allow you to print the instance name or define other instance variables. But if you want to get other schema values, you could use the JavaScript code activity. You can query any schema and fetch results you want. Then you can store these results in instance variables and use it in alert activities.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @A_B_SE ,

The instance object is created when you are executing a workflow. So you won't be able to call other schema details using instance object. It only allow you to print the instance name or define other instance variables. But if you want to get other schema values, you could use the JavaScript code activity. You can query any schema and fetch results you want. Then you can store these results in instance variables and use it in alert activities.