Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Using soap api, is enriching data from tables in the marketing instance possible?

Level 2

We are going to be getting a soap API call from our SAP instance when an event is triggered.   They are able to send us model number, but nothing else.  The image urls and product names are stored in a table in our AC Classic marketing instance.

Is there a way to enrich any of the data coming in through a soap call if they cannot pass everything that is needed in the transactional email template?

Thank you for your help!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Assuming your message center execution instance is not the same as your marketing instance (I've seen this too many times), use your marketing instance as a reverse proxy to the message center instance. I.e.:

1. SAP calls custom soap interface on marketing instance with model number
  2. Marketing instance js looks up the number and makes a call to message center exec with the data it collects
  3. Message center sends message

Step 2 should have user-facing configuration and read the nms:extAccount table for info about exec instances- avoid hardcoding things in general.

Thanks,

-Jon

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Assuming your message center execution instance is not the same as your marketing instance (I've seen this too many times), use your marketing instance as a reverse proxy to the message center instance. I.e.:

1. SAP calls custom soap interface on marketing instance with model number
  2. Marketing instance js looks up the number and makes a call to message center exec with the data it collects
  3. Message center sends message

Step 2 should have user-facing configuration and read the nms:extAccount table for info about exec instances- avoid hardcoding things in general.

Thanks,

-Jon