Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Using Main Delivery Properties Direct Email

Level 1

Hi,

Can somebody please help me on documentation of configuring Main delivery feature in Direct Email Delivery?Also, if somebody has used it, please let me know howto use this.

The use case is user wants to have multiple direct email deliveries but write all data in a single file.

Bonolata_0-1580194479814.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

I'm not sure what that setting does, probably something with budgeting and/or MRM.

To concatenate files from deliveries, use a post-processing workflow on the routing account or service provider: Check if current delivery is last delivery in the group (e.g. 5 files exist, 5 expected), and if so use js to execCommand('cat groupid_*.txt > groupid.txt') or write out all the code to read and write the files.

Thanks,

-Jon

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

I'm not sure what that setting does, probably something with budgeting and/or MRM.

To concatenate files from deliveries, use a post-processing workflow on the routing account or service provider: Check if current delivery is last delivery in the group (e.g. 5 files exist, 5 expected), and if so use js to execCommand('cat groupid_*.txt > groupid.txt') or write out all the code to read and write the files.

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 1
Thanks Jon for the support. We will check this option

Community Advisor
I experimented a bit on the field, still unclear what its purpose is, but did discover it only allows 1:1 links so can't be used here.

Level 1
Hi Jon, I did not understand the last part. Are we talking about the Main Delivery feature or the solution which was provided above? Which one accepts only 1:1 Links. Also, The purpose of this is to generate single file from multiple deliveries. For the customer, delivery codes would be still multiple as it is today. However, the file provided to vendor would be single which helps in reducing cost.

Level 1

Hi, Does anybody have any documentation for the Main Delivery Feature in Direct Email.

Request your help in the same