Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

use web app click to update a column

Level 2

Hi All,

I have a simple query here.
I have a webapp created and the link of the webapp is sent in the email.
My query is: whenever a user clicks on that web app link, it will redirect to a thank you page also at the same time I have a column in my recipient table with the name: hasClicked, this should become true
Any thought on how to achieve that only using adobe campaign classic
Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards
Jay

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @jitendrakhatwani 

There are 2 ways to do it in WebApp as shown in the image below:

manojk62306941_0-1586769925809.png

1) Pass the encrypted id in the webapp URL which is available in the email. Then use preloading to get the recipient and map the has clicked field in the Page and make the form auto submit then use storage to update the hasclicked field and the show the thank you page.
2) Use the javascript to get the URL parameter and load the recipient with JS and use xtk session write to update the field.

Thanks,

Manoj

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @jitendrakhatwani 

There are 2 ways to do it in WebApp as shown in the image below:

manojk62306941_0-1586769925809.png

1) Pass the encrypted id in the webapp URL which is available in the email. Then use preloading to get the recipient and map the has clicked field in the Page and make the form auto submit then use storage to update the hasclicked field and the show the thank you page.
2) Use the javascript to get the URL parameter and load the recipient with JS and use xtk session write to update the field.

Thanks,

Manoj

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn