Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Updating the gender column via Job

Level 1

Hi, I'm uploading a Job with several columns, one of them is the "gender" column but since it's an "integer type" I'm not being able to get the update of this column done and it keeps showing as "None specified".

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @BelCDS ,

data type of @gender is "byte" (Integer 8 Bit) in Recipient schema.
Value of male is 1 and female is 2. (Value of None specified/unknown is 0)
In you are updating the gender using JOB import, then in your file change the gender format as 1 for male and 2 for female.
Select data type as integer (8 bit) for gender by clicking 'click here to change the file format' and follow the rest import JOB procedure. Gender field will get updated now.

Alternative way:
You can use a workflow to upload the file data in schema by using data loading activity.
Here, you no need to make the gender format as 1 for male and 2 for female in original file. you can have as 'male' and 'female' and need to remap this value as 1 and 2 in data loading activity.
data loading.PNG

Regards,
ParthaSarathy S

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,
I guess the values in the file/job for Gender column are strings and that's why it is not getting updated.

You may need to convert these to appropriate integers and the load the data.

It would be great if you can put your job details for a precise solution.

Thanks,

Deb

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @BelCDS ,

data type of @gender is "byte" (Integer 8 Bit) in Recipient schema.
Value of male is 1 and female is 2. (Value of None specified/unknown is 0)
In you are updating the gender using JOB import, then in your file change the gender format as 1 for male and 2 for female.
Select data type as integer (8 bit) for gender by clicking 'click here to change the file format' and follow the rest import JOB procedure. Gender field will get updated now.

Alternative way:
You can use a workflow to upload the file data in schema by using data loading activity.
Here, you no need to make the gender format as 1 for male and 2 for female in original file. you can have as 'male' and 'female' and need to remap this value as 1 and 2 in data loading activity.
data loading.PNG

Regards,
ParthaSarathy S

Level 1
Thanks, changing the format in the file when uploading the job wasn't working but updating the data via Wkf did worked!