Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Tracking tags on web application - multiple conversion paths?

Level 4

Hi Community! 

I am working on an unsubscribe web application for unsubscribing from communication. It has three end states: 

1. Successful unsubscription
2. You cancelled the process because you changed your mind
3. An error page

I am wondering whether it is possible to use tracking tags on web applications to track conversions for multiple paths? 
I have not figured out how to accomplish this, and the documentation on the topic is pretty sparse on this concrete issue. 

SorenDahk_0-1684938983542.png

An additional question is: I only have the option to choose goal "conversion" for the static tracking tag I am inserting on the different sites. Any idea how I can expand this / change this?

SorenDahk_1-1684939222575.png

I hope someone has inputs to this issue Thanks a bunch! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @SorenDP,

For the second point, you can expand the options by adding more entries into the enumeration with internal name "trackerGoal" under Administration > Platform > Enumerations.

For the first point, you can add tags on the pages in the three different paths, and then implement a logic, maybe in a workflow, to check which route was taken by a recipient when they clicked on the unsubscription link from an email. This can be checked by the existence of a series of web tracking tags for a particular recipient in order.

Let me know if that helped.

Thanks,

Ishan

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @SorenDP,

For the second point, you can expand the options by adding more entries into the enumeration with internal name "trackerGoal" under Administration > Platform > Enumerations.

For the first point, you can add tags on the pages in the three different paths, and then implement a logic, maybe in a workflow, to check which route was taken by a recipient when they clicked on the unsubscription link from an email. This can be checked by the existence of a series of web tracking tags for a particular recipient in order.

Let me know if that helped.

Thanks,

Ishan

Level 4

Hi @isahore. Thanks so much! 

For point 2 - Got it, works like a charm, thanks!  

In terms of point 1, then it seems that we are maybe missing some setup of our ACC instance, since it does not seem that the web tracking from tracking tags on web applications are being written to any schema or table in ACC. Do you by any chance know which schema the data are supposed to be put into, and what setup I need to configure for it to happen?  

THANKS! 

Administrator

Hi @isahore,

Could you please help @SorenDP further with their query?

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa

Level 4

Hi! I did solve it with the information provided, so all good!! Sorry

Administrator

No worries @SorenDP!

Thanks for letting us know.

Sukrity Wadhwa