Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Tracking of Delivery - Email Click /Open not working as per the details shared in Adobe Campaign Classic documentation

Level 3

Hi,

I am working on one of the use-cases, where i need to track the 'Email Click' and 'Open' events based on which the next workflow would proceed ahead.

For that, I have enabled the Email Tracking as per the details shared in the link https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC/en/DLV_Tracking_messages_How_to_configure_tracked_links.html , but when I go under Tracking section of the “Email Delivery”, I see nothing under ‘Logs’ tab (see Pic1),   In the ‘URL’ tab I see data related to “Email click”, but data is not changed to “Open”, even though the specific link is clicked and opened in the mail (see Pic2). Also, I see that for me no data is shown under Reports-> Breakdown of opens. (see Pic3). Details as per doc link (Monitoring a delivery​) . Kindly help.

Pic1:

1648418_pastedImage_0.png

Pic2:

1648419_pastedImage_1.png

Pic3:

1648420_pastedImage_2.png

Regards,

Aman

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Thanks Ankit,

We had raised the issue with support team in the morning and got following reply.

"Ans :  Tracking is enabled by default in Sandbox environment as well. Due to some error in tracking workflow you are unable to see the tracking information. I have fixed the errors, Tracking is working fine even for roundcube webmail."

It was the issue at their end in the Tracking workflow and it is resolved now. We are able to see the logs.

logs-fixed.PNG

Thanks all for the help.

Regards,

Aman

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Level 3

Hi Aman,

Are you trying to build a workflow which targets persons who have clicked or opened a previous email?

If so you can use the tracking logs table in Adobe Campaign the SQL below shows how you can look for persons who have opened, clicked or hit the mirror page of a delivery in the last 30 days. The screen shot shows the set up for the same query.

You can qualify this further by adding in a query which specifies the name of your deliver (delivery label).

Hope that helps,

Dave.

SELECT   R0.iRecipientId FROM NmsRecipient R0 WHERE EXISTS (SELECT   1 FROM NmsTrackingLogRcp T1 JOIN NmsTrackingUrl T2 ON (T2.iTrackingUrlId = T1.iUrlId) WHERE (T1.iRecipientId = R0.iRecipientId) AND (((T1.tsLog >= DaysAgo(30)) AND ((T2.iType = 2) OR (T2.iType = 1) OR (T2.iType = 6))))) LIMIT 10001

1648580_pastedImage_0.png

Level 3

Thanks Dave for the response. Currently, I so not see any logs under Tracking section, would I be able to see logs after creating this filter?

Level 3

No problem.

The logs would only be generated after a recipient performed an action on the delivery. You could send yourself a version of the email, open it and click on some of the links. This should generate the corresponding logs in the tracking table.

Depending on how your instance is set up the data may not be there immediately after you click on a URL in the test email.

Hopefully this should generate some data for you to troubleshoot your workflow.

Out of curiosity, is the issue just related to the delivery you are sending now or are there no logs present in the tracking table on your Adobe Campaign environment?

Level 4

Hi Aman. If you still can't see logs from email clicks, then you may want to check if Tracking workflow is running. It is located under Administration/Production/Technical workflows. If it is paused then tracking data won't be displayed.

Regards,

Marcin

Level 3

Yes, the Tracking Workflow is in started state. PFA the screenshot.

We assume, since we are using marketing.adobe.com Sandbox, and the mails are getting generated in RoundCube ( mailing client of Adobe for Sandbox, which might not have all the capabilities of the real mailing client), that's why the logs are not getting generated. Not sure though, just an assumption. If anyone is aware about it, kindly reply.

tracking_workflow.PNG

Thanks,

Aman

Level 4

I'm not familiar with this sandbox environment, but Tracking server have to receive http request to count a click. In other words: you need to open link that goes to tracked URL in a web browser. You can try to copy link's URL from email and open it in your browser. URL should look like http://t.<your domain>/r/?id=hbae5f78,100b455f,101c8e5f (or similar).

Level 3

Looking at the screenshot which you have provided for tracking workflow, there tracking activity seems to be flashing in Red, suggesting it is failed.

Can you check in audit/journal logs if it is running successfully at all or not. If you don't find any errors over there - it may be worth checking runwf.log at application server level. However it would depend on whether your instance is hosted/hybrid etc.

Regards,

Ankit

Level 3

Hi ankitkochar​,

I checked the logs, and followed to see if the index for "sourceId" field is getting generated in 'NmsTrackingLogSvc', but could not find the 'sourceid' field in the table itself. Please see both the screenshots below.

logs.PNG

service-tracking-logs.PNG

Regards,

Aman

Level 3

Hi Aman,
I would probably raise a support ticket in this case, as these being OOTB solution so would not risk anything going wrong with it.
However, you can check in old logs, whether this tracking workflow every worked and if this schema was modified recently at all ?

Regards,

Ankit

Correct answer by
Level 3

Thanks Ankit,

We had raised the issue with support team in the morning and got following reply.

"Ans :  Tracking is enabled by default in Sandbox environment as well. Due to some error in tracking workflow you are unable to see the tracking information. I have fixed the errors, Tracking is working fine even for roundcube webmail."

It was the issue at their end in the Tracking workflow and it is resolved now. We are able to see the logs.

logs-fixed.PNG

Thanks all for the help.

Regards,

Aman

Level 3

Glad to hear that You can mark the responses as helpful

Regards,

Ankit