Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Target Data and Delivery Activity

Level 1

Adobe Campaign Version 6.1.1 build 8767

We have a workflow template that we have been using for about a year now.  The basic process is as follows:

1. Because some of the data for our recipients is not in our Campaign instance, we load an external CSV for each send.

2. This list is reconciled in Campaign via an Enrichment to a table that is linked to the recipient table.  For the purpose of this question, I'll call it tmp:subTable.

3. After various filters, it goes to a delivery and the fields from the CSV are used to populate a delivery with various <%= targetData.xxxx %>  variables.

In an effort to extend some of our analytics and testing, I have been attempting to get a workflow together following the instructions on this page:

https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC/en/WKF_Use_cases_A-B_testing.html

In place of the initial query, I have used our normal workflow, but from the split afterwards, I've followed that page.  It works when run up to a certain point.  The two 10% split deliveries work and build with the correct targetData.  After they send, the workflow waits and the javascript pulls in the correct winner and passes that to the final delivery activity. However the workflow fails at this point with the delivery activity flashing red.

Some additional learnings:

a. The delivery activity creates the correct duplicate version of the winning delivery and it shows up in the dashboard under deliveries.

b. This "_final" delivery has the following error under the audit tab:

XSV-350122 An error occurred and the process has been stopped. SOP-330011 Error while executing the method 'PrepareTarget' of service 'nms:delivery'.

SOP-330011 Error while executing the method 'PrepareTargetImpl' of service 'nms:delivery'.

XTK-170036 Unable to parse expression '[targetData/@targetData-id]=[temp:delivery-all:@targetData-id]'.

The path '/targetData/@targetData-id' is invalid in schema 'Sub Table (tmp:subTable)'.

Attribute 'targetData-id' unknown (see definition of schema 'Enrichment 2 (temp:enrich2)').

c. The outbound step between the javascript element and the final delivery activity has the remaining recipients (minus the two 10% groups) from our test data with their appropriate fields that passed through the enrichment step.

I feel like this may be an issue with the differences between a normal delivery and a delivery activity or the fact that we reconcile to a linked table and not recipients, but I am not sure.  I want to know if there is something I can add between these last two steps to ensure the right targeting is passed to the final delivery activity or if there is some code that could be added to the final delivery activity to pull in this targeting data.

Thank you for your help,

Jeremy

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Looks to be a limitation when targetData is used.

Can you please report this to support for them to investigate?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi jmyser,

Can you please share a screenshot of your workflow and also the workflow logs, clearly showing the Date and time when an activity was executed. You can remove the logs for previous activities if needed. I'm interested in logs starting the Split activity.

Regards,
Vipul

Level 1

Thank you Vipul.  I have attached the requested screenshots.  I've only blurred out things that could be client specific.

Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 9.04.31 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-12 at 9.05.40 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-12 at 9.06.36 AM.png

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Looks to be a limitation when targetData is used.

Can you please report this to support for them to investigate?

Level 1

Was this fixed? I am facing the same issue.