Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Split popolation

Level 3

Hi community,

Does a split- activity use the temp-data of the workflow or is the data being fetched as soon as the split is reached?

Best regards

Niels

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Split activity uses its incoming transition's temp table.

Thanks,

-Jon

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 5

Hi Niels,

could you give a bit more context?

What are you trying to accomplish?

Kind regards,

Pierre

Level 3

Hi Pierre,

the recipients receive several emails within a workflow, but they should receive different versions of the emails based on their profile. The profile can change while they pass through the journey and I want to filter the population directly before sending out the delivery.

Best regards

Niels

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Split activity uses its incoming transition's temp table.

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 3

Hi Jon,

thanks, I thought so. Would this scenario work, if I used an enrichment before the splits to update the temp table?

Best regards

Niels

Level 4

Hi,

Campaign users should not worry about "temp" tables and just focus on using the activity nodes. I believe if the customer can receive different personalized messages during the journey, there should be different delivery nodes and not trying to make one delivery do everything. It is the preferred method for campaign execution and post execution reporting. You use the split activity node to segment your universe for each touch and assign the proper segment code for ease of reporting.

Thanks.