Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

SMS - User replies other than those defined words

Level 2

Is there a way to pass a generic sms message back to users if respond via SMS is other than standard response (STOP, QUIT, HELP)?

We are handling the automated response via external account definition.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

You can just leave the keyword empty.

This would then be taken if none of the keywords are getting a match.

SMS channel

"To send the same reply no matter what the keyword, leave the Keyword column empty."

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Create a 'near-realtime' (1 minute interval) scheduled workflow that polls the nms:inSMS table for new rows, splits on @message, and sends out desired responses.

There's also an 'Inbound SMS' activity but it looks complicated.

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 2

@Jon,

Thanks for the response. I was hoping for a much better solution than creating a workflow to reply back with generic text.

Thanks!

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

You can just leave the keyword empty.

This would then be taken if none of the keywords are getting a match.

SMS channel

"To send the same reply no matter what the keyword, leave the Keyword column empty."

Level 2

Hi @ Ramon,

That worked!!! yay...I did notice tho keyword is case sensitive. Only ALL caps words get a reply. Any ideas as to why is that? Just curious if that's standard

Employee Advisor

Hi Nadia,

that shall not be the case.

The case shall not matter, i.e. also lower case or mixed case StOp should trigger the auto-reply

Regards,

Ramon

Level 2

Just after posting a reply, I read "Keywords are not case sensitive"! I will keep testing then.