Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

SMS deliveries with 'Refused' status

Level 3

Hi,

I'm trying to understand what is the cause of failing SMS deliveries with status 'Refused'. In the Delivery Log Qualification I see many of them with the similar message: 

SR Generic UNDELIV {number}|#MESSAGE#,

where {number} may be different.

All the entries, which I checked have also Qualification status 'To qualify', which in my understanding means that nothing will be done with them. 

My question is, what to do is such case? Does the change of Qualification status manually to 'Keep' makes any sense? I want to learn why they are refused and, if possible, to prevent being refused in the future.

Thanks for any cues.

Best,

Dominik

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi Dominik,

There are a few reasons why an SMS delivery might be refused:

• The recipient's phone is turned off or out of range.
  • The recipient's phone is not registered with the SMS provider.
  • The recipient's phone has blocked the sender's number.
  • The recipient's phone has received too many SMS messages from the sender in a short period of time.

If you see many SMS deliveries being refused, it's a good idea to check with your SMS provider to see if there are any known issues. You can also troubleshoot the issue by sending a test SMS message to a different recipient.

If you change the Qualification status of a refused delivery to "Keep," it will be kept in the database, and you can view it later. However, it will not be sent to the recipient.

If you want to prevent SMS deliveries from being refused, you can try the following:

• Make sure that the recipient's phone is turned on and in range.
  • Make sure that the recipient's phone is registered with the SMS provider.
  • Make sure that the recipient's phone has not blocked your number.
  • Ensure you are not sending too many SMS messages to the recipient in a short period.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Madhan

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi Dominik,

There are a few reasons why an SMS delivery might be refused:

• The recipient's phone is turned off or out of range.
  • The recipient's phone is not registered with the SMS provider.
  • The recipient's phone has blocked the sender's number.
  • The recipient's phone has received too many SMS messages from the sender in a short period of time.

If you see many SMS deliveries being refused, it's a good idea to check with your SMS provider to see if there are any known issues. You can also troubleshoot the issue by sending a test SMS message to a different recipient.

If you change the Qualification status of a refused delivery to "Keep," it will be kept in the database, and you can view it later. However, it will not be sent to the recipient.

If you want to prevent SMS deliveries from being refused, you can try the following:

• Make sure that the recipient's phone is turned on and in range.
  • Make sure that the recipient's phone is registered with the SMS provider.
  • Make sure that the recipient's phone has not blocked your number.
  • Ensure you are not sending too many SMS messages to the recipient in a short period.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Madhan

Level 3

Thanks, Madhan. That's helpful. However, I have one more question that may help with troubleshooting - is it available a list of error codes and their meaning?

For instance, if I see the returned text: 

SR Generic UNDELIV 2106|#MESSAGE#,

What kind of error from the list you provided represents number 2106?

Community Advisor

@dwnuk 

you should reach out to your SMS vendor to get the error codes list. You can also search via their websites or google SMS 'your vendor' error code 2106.

Thanks,

David

David Kangni