Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Several Web service modules are getting created in a day in adobe application other than the daily auto restart at 6:00 AM

Level 4

Hi Team.

We have seen that Several Web service modules are creating in a day in adobe application other than the daily auto restart at 6:00 AM. The module that created at 6:00 AM was still not stopped but a new web service instance got started around 10:00 AM in the same day and this new one got stopped at next day 6:00 AM normally. But after 2 days the one that not stopped initially made the adobe campaign unresponsive after 2 days because of it's high memory usage and leads us to reboot the server to fix the issue.

We come to know all of the above analysis after the reboot of the server and now we are analysis the root cause.

Could some one please help us here in finding the Root Cause of the above issues. Please let mw know if any additional information required. 

Awaiting for the response.

Thanks

7 Replies

Community Advisor

What version of Adobe Campaign you are running? I noticed this issue on older builds, and it was fixed by updating to the latest version, as a means of automated service recovery, I developed a powershell script to monitor unresponsive neolane services and to hard kill these services and restart them as the server was on premise, this was a possible short mitigation.

Hi David,

Again sorry that I missed this immediate reply from you. Thank you so much for the response.

Oure Adobe Server version: (Application server for Adobe Campaign Classic (7.0 19.1 build 9032@d3b452f) of 01/07/2021)

Is it possible to get the script that you have created since our our set up is hybrid.

Thanks

Community Advisor

Hi @balakrishnavalavala ,

All your web modules will get killed when system restarts at 6 AM daily. 

Is your server still creating additional web modules?

Unresponsive Adobe Campaign could occur because of too old process occupying lot of memory.

Is both the web modules: web@default?

Thanks,

Jyoti

Level 4

Hi Jyothi,

Thank you so much for the response.

Yes the issue is with web@default modules only (both are web).

And even We thought that issue could be related to high memory usage in web module. But the problem here is, we are unable to prove that issue is with high memory and also not sure how to recreate the issue.

We newly started working on reports and will these reports causes high memory and leads to restart the web module automatically.

And thing to note is, at every day 6:00 AM, the issue caused web module that started at 10:37 AM wasn't got killed.

Thanks

Hi Jyothi,

Any help based on my above provided information..

Thanks

Administrator

Hi @balakrishnavalavala,

Were you able to resolve this query or do you still need more help here? Do let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa