Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Sending proposition via real time SMS

Level 1

Hello everyone,

We would like to send offers to recipients via SMS after users interactions on the website. We need to pass interaction data to Adobe Campaign Classic and let the offer engine send (or don't send) the appropriate offer via SMS. And this has to be done in real-time. Simply put, how can be this scenario achieved?

I created an offer space for SMS channel, utilize the SOAP web service of the offer space but it just returns the appropriate offers, does not send the SMS.

How can i make Campaign classic to send SMS also? I tried a lot but couldnt find an answer

Should we use Message Center to achieve this? I could pass the event data to Message Center, add an offer to SMS delivery of MC but I couldn't use the event data on the eligibility rules of the offer. As far as I see, event data is only used on the presentation of the SMS/Email via Message Center.

There is Transactional messages and inbound Interaction section on this page; Transactional messaging architecture

Is this what I'm looking for? Can I pass interaction data to Message Center and use that data on the offer eligibility rules?

Could you please help? Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Not just the ideal way, the only* way. If configured per standard architecture, Message Center will be on a separate instance than the Marketing instance, meaning separate db's with Message Center not having access to the data Marketing does in its offer query.

* - If under a non-standard architecture, i.e. any of the following, offers can be collected as part of transactional call: Message Center execution installed on Marketing instance, Marketing instance data synchronized to the MC instance, both connected to other db(s) hosting all offer-related data via FDA or db link, MC connected to Marketing's db via FDA or db link..

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Take the offer data from that soap call to your marketing instance and put it in a second call to message center instance to send the message.

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 1

Thank you very much @wodnicki. But is this the ideal way implementing this scenario? Do we really need to make two seperate web service calls to Campaign? :/

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Not just the ideal way, the only* way. If configured per standard architecture, Message Center will be on a separate instance than the Marketing instance, meaning separate db's with Message Center not having access to the data Marketing does in its offer query.

* - If under a non-standard architecture, i.e. any of the following, offers can be collected as part of transactional call: Message Center execution installed on Marketing instance, Marketing instance data synchronized to the MC instance, both connected to other db(s) hosting all offer-related data via FDA or db link, MC connected to Marketing's db via FDA or db link..