Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Sending emails to recipients of previous deliveries

Level 2

Hi,

I am attempting to create a 'nurture track' where recipients are sent email 1, email 2, 3, 4 etc in order 3 days apart. Each email is to be sent daily to a new set of recipients as they move through the nurture track.

Email 1 has been sent fine however I run in to a problem with email 2. I have used the filtering information in the post linked below. I tried this as a test in a query which previewed a number of recipients I would have expected. I then tried the exact same filtering conditions as an incremental query (to ensure recipients are only caught and sent the email once) but the number was wrong (lower that then recipients of email 1). I haven't run either query, only checked the preview tab.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-classic-questions/how-to-send-email-...

There is more to each query than filtering for Recipient Broad Log - Delivery - Status - Event Date that must be included as recipients need to remain live customers through out their progression in the nurture track.

Help/advice greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

HI,

Could you share your workflow and query definition? it's a very common use case remember that an email can fail to be sent or you could have people excluding from your target during delivery preparation by typology rules, meaning that email 2 audience might be less then email 1 audience as all the failed and excluded won't be part of your "sent" criteria. I don't see it as wrong here, it's probably expected. However if you have 100% sent on email 1 and see your audience of email 2 not matching then you would have an issue in your query definition somehow...

Thanks

Denis

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee Advisor
Hi there, Could you share your workflow and queries definition?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

HI,

Could you share your workflow and query definition? it's a very common use case remember that an email can fail to be sent or you could have people excluding from your target during delivery preparation by typology rules, meaning that email 2 audience might be less then email 1 audience as all the failed and excluded won't be part of your "sent" criteria. I don't see it as wrong here, it's probably expected. However if you have 100% sent on email 1 and see your audience of email 2 not matching then you would have an issue in your query definition somehow...

Thanks

Denis

Level 2

Hi Denis, Thanks for your help. I have managed to make the query work using the below filtering conditions. This in then replicated and adjusted as needed for other deliveries in the nurture track. Not all deliveries are mandatory so in some queries the conditions relate to the last mandatory email sent ‘on or before 6 days ago’. Does this look okay or would you have any feedback on this?

The recurring deliveries are set up for daily send using an incremental query. When I open the query and go through to the preview tab it shows recipients from all past executions of the query. Is there a way to configure this to see the results population ahead of the query running? For example, the emails send at 12pm, is it possible at 11:30am to see the recipients that will be sent them email in 30mins time? Thanks Mubeen

Employee Advisor

Hi Mubeen,

To sum on your last message, you'd like to see the expected population for email 2 prior email 1 is sent? You might be able to do it if you set explicitly the contact date of email 1 in the future and execute the workflow allowing email 1 to be prepared. If you execute a delivery now and put the contact date in the future, the system retains the target of email 1 and you should be able to query the forecast logs (I think the target is stored in the nms:tmpBroadcast entity until the contact date is reached when the actual sending will start). 

Hope this helps

Thanks

Denis