Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Sending a "Plain Text Only" Email

Level 2

We have a group of recipients whose email domain blocks any emails containing HTML.

Is there a way to create an email that is a text version only? We'd like to send recipients a text only email, not as a fallback but as the only version.

Greateful for any suggestions.

(Campaign Classic 6.1)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hello KelFromLondon​,

I presume yes. Messages are sent in HTML or text format by default, according to recipient preference.

You can change the format of email messages sent. To do this, edit the delivery properties and click the Delivery tab.

And select the option Send all messages in text format

The message is sent in text format. HTML format will not be sent, but used for the mirror page only when the recipient clicks on the message.

For more details click here https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC/en/DLV_Sending_emails_Defining_the_email_content.html#Selecti...

Regards,

Venu

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hello KelFromLondon​,

I presume yes. Messages are sent in HTML or text format by default, according to recipient preference.

You can change the format of email messages sent. To do this, edit the delivery properties and click the Delivery tab.

And select the option Send all messages in text format

The message is sent in text format. HTML format will not be sent, but used for the mirror page only when the recipient clicks on the message.

For more details click here https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC/en/DLV_Sending_emails_Defining_the_email_content.html#Selecti...

Regards,

Venu

Level 2

Thanks Venu,

Tried your suggestion and it worked! We were looking at recipient preferences, but it makes much more sense to override those preferences within the delivery.

Best,

Kelli

Community Advisor

Hi Kelli,

You can also use the recipient preferences but you need to make sure that e-mail format field in recipient table is updated accordingly.

1734163_pastedImage_0.png

Thanks

David

David Kangni