Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Send Message Center (transactional email) indicators/metrics to Adobe Analytics

Level 3

I have a requirement to pass Message Center transactional emails indicators/metrics(sent, open, etc...) from Adobe Campaign Classic to Adobe Analytics, the way normal email delivery indicators are sent using connector workflow, for reporting purpose. Is it possible to do using Adobe Analytics connector?

Please share if you have any other way.

Thank you in advance.

10 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @parmeshwarr3905 

It's a tough one as in standard RT instances are not accessible nor customisable and they are always exceptions to the rules.

What you could do

1. Create an external account in Marketing instance where you will configure the tracking part of it. Normally I think the external account might be published along with the RT delivery template pulication... Not tested it though but I think it is.
  2. For the KPI, what you do is to write our own Send KPI workflow replicating what the standard one does but querying the transactional deliveries, you would have to adapt the Delta Calculation query accordingly, the tricky part would be to align the delivery ID sent by the sending KPIs workflow with the delivery ID that will be set in the tracking parameters on the RT instance.

Alternatively, you will work with your Adobe account team to get an exception to deploy the full Analytics connector on your RT instances and you would have to also ensure you make it set a prefix for all instance objects that the delivery name on RT side does not clash with delivery name from Marketing side...

Hope this helps,

Thanks

Denis

Level 3

Thanks @Denis_Bozonnet 

But may I know if this applies to campaign classic or standard?

Employee Advisor

Hi @parmeshwarr3905 

My suggestion was more ACC oriented, but would work in ACS too. In ACS, the standard KPI Sharing workflow does not include transactional messages, so you would have to replicate it for transactional messages, certainly doable in ACS too.

Thanks

Denis

Level 3

Great! I'm using classic instance only, will consider your inputs. As you said in 2nd point could you please tell me the targeting dimension for transactional deliveries or in which schema transactional deliveries are stored like for normal deliveries we have broadlog?

Thanks,

Parmeshwar 

Community Advisor

Hi @parmeshwarr3905 ,

you can use Analytics FTP import (ftp.omniture.com) as external account in Campaign classic then replicate then replicate the delta calculation from  ACC

You can find more details here

Thanks,

David

David Kangni

Level 3

Thanks @DavidKangni for your response

I have suggested this approach, will take some time to implement and see the outcome. 

I have found in document that Analytics connector is not compatible with transactional messaging(attached screenshot), apart from this is there anything else? And also I could find delivery logs of transactional emails in broadlog table, I filtered using delivery code but there is no records, is there any specific reason to it?

parmeshwarr3905_0-1656335285644.png

Community Advisor

@parmeshwarr3905 

yes, you cannot have Adobe Analytics connector installed on Message Center instance.

My approach is for Marketing instance

And also I could find delivery logs of transactional emails in broadlog table, I filtered using delivery code but there is no records, is there any specific reason to it? --> check in nms:broadLogEventHisto and you should see the records

Thanks,

David

David Kangni

Administrator

Hi @parmeshwarr3905,

Were you able to resolve this query with the help of the given solutions or do you still need more help here? Do let us know. In case the given solutions were helpful, then kindly choose the one that helped you the most as the 'Correct Reply'.
Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa

I was not able to test yet any of the solutions, need more time to see which option is suitable for us and then I can mark the correct answer.