Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Seeds not received for offer using email deliveries if actual user is blacklisted

Level 4

Hi Team,

We have a test scenario where we are not getting the seed emails if the target actual user is blacklisted and if we have used target data/offers/offer enrichment whereas we are getting the emails seeds successfully for same blacklisted user for simple text based emails, i.e emails with no personalization.

I know this is something related to personalization step but proper explanation , I am not sure and tried to understand this with documentation also but no great luck.

It would be extremely helpful if someone please help me understand why personalized[target data/offers selected] emails sent to a blacklisted address/non targetable users refrain the seeds too.

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Poonam_Dogra ,

Seed addresses fetch the personalised data from the target recipients. If they are blacklisted, then they are getting excluded by the settings done in "To --> Exclusions".

For non personalised email, seed addresses are not looking for any additional data. They have email address mentioned and email will be triggered to the seed address.

Whereas, when your email has some targetData to be displayed, then seed address will substitute the value of actual recipient data. And in this case, if recipient is blacklisted, then seed address will also be blacklisted because all the data values of the recipient is applicable to seed address as well.

Thanks,

Jyoti

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Poonam_Dogra,

Seeds email will not be received if target is blacklisted. If you still want to send deliveries to those target audience, you can do so by 'uncheck' blacklisted exclusion. It is present under:

To --> Exclusions tab.

Please check the same for your offer based delivery. Does it has 'Exclude Blacklisted' option unchceked?

Thanks,

Jyoti

Level 4

Hi @Jyoti_Yadav ,

Thank you so much for responding! Really appreciate your efforts on this.

Actually I received the seed emails for non-personalized email content even the target user is blacklisted but when emails were personalized/offer included, only in that condition seeds were not received for blacklisted targets. Its related to personalization step but the explanation is something i didn't get from any forums or documentations that what refrains seed to be triggered for personalized emails if end-user is non-targetable/blacklisted. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Poonam_Dogra ,

Seed addresses fetch the personalised data from the target recipients. If they are blacklisted, then they are getting excluded by the settings done in "To --> Exclusions".

For non personalised email, seed addresses are not looking for any additional data. They have email address mentioned and email will be triggered to the seed address.

Whereas, when your email has some targetData to be displayed, then seed address will substitute the value of actual recipient data. And in this case, if recipient is blacklisted, then seed address will also be blacklisted because all the data values of the recipient is applicable to seed address as well.

Thanks,

Jyoti

Level 4

Thanks @Jyoti_Yadav ,

This makes perfect reasoning to me . Since personalization is done after typologies rule set, users got excluded from typology will never be eligible for personalization and thus the seeds correspondingly.

Thanks a lot for your time and efforts to answer this. 

Cheers!