Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Scheduler and wait

Level 2

Hello All, 

I am testing a scenario where i have a scheduler whose frequency is more a wait node which has more wait time, 

for example, if i have workflow to run every 30 mins and in the same flow i have a wait node which is for 2 hours , when the scheduler re triggers and workflow starts and we have new set of data pulled from query during second run, will the records retrived in the first run still be there in wait node or it will be overridden ?

Divya104_1-1641833457499.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

It should keep each iteration. But it is not recommended as it can cause the workflow to get bogged down. 

The use case is pretty strange. If you just got an update why would it be held for another 2 hours? 

I would break out what you have into two different workflows. 

One to run the query every 30 min, then output query result into a list.

Then in the second workflow read that list on a 2 hour cadence.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

It should keep each iteration. But it is not recommended as it can cause the workflow to get bogged down. 

The use case is pretty strange. If you just got an update why would it be held for another 2 hours? 

I would break out what you have into two different workflows. 

One to run the query every 30 min, then output query result into a list.

Then in the second workflow read that list on a 2 hour cadence.

Community Advisor

Hi @Divya104 ,

No this way of workflow design is not recommended. It causes dead lock situations at some point because the scheduler next run and previous temporary table data are working on same table.

Also, your data will be misinterpreted because of the long wait time and shorter duration of scheduler.

As suggested by @David_Loyd , if it's necessary to wait for 2 hours, split your workflow in two workflows.

Thanks,

Jyoti