Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Recipient profile not visible under recipient folder.

Level 2

Hello,

I have added few recipients using an import workflow (data upload --> enrichment-->deduplication --> update data). The worklow ran fine without any error, but I cannot see the newly added profiles under the recipient folder (profiles & Targets --> Recipient).

The newly added profiles can be viewed in the data tab of Data Schemas--> nms:recipient as well as the exteded recipient schema. Also, I can filter the recipient with query activity. 

What could be the issue?

Thanks & regards,

Navin

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Thanks @navinKumar,

Could you please go to the recipient folder and click on "Display contents of sub-folders":

geoffreyl240454_0-1584024653869.png

Then, if you sort by last modification date, you should see your recipients.

The folder can be displayed by a right click into the list, configure list..., double-click on the folder link.

If the folder information is empty, the recipient is "nowhere" and the foreign key of the folder should be updated for this recipient in order to add it to a folder.

If you need further information, feel free to ask.

Thanks

Geoffrey

View solution in original post

19 Replies

Level 4

Hi @navinKumar,

Have you selected a folder where to create the recipient into the update data box?

Thanks

Geoffrey

Level 2

Hi @ geoffreyl240454

I have not created a new folder. I just added the "recipients" in the updated dimension in the update data activity.

navinKumar_0-1583935799445.png

Thanks,

Navin

Level 4
Thank you @navinKumar, you should try to add the folder link into the fields to update section and select one recipient folder. Thanks, Cheers, Geoffrey

Level 2

Hi @ geoffreyl240454

Thanks for the reply. 

I am not trying to update here, just insert data and have already selected the "recipient" folder to update. Could you please tell me where /how can I provide the link?

Thanks,

Navin

Level 4

Hi @navinKumar,

You should double-click on the "folder" link from the recipient table:

geoffreyl240454_0-1583941910213.png

And then, double-click on the folder that you want to insert the recipients into:

geoffreyl240454_1-1583942021253.png

Level 2

Hi @geoffreyl240454

Followed your steps, but still cannot see the the profile data under profiles&target --> recipients. Although, the data did get added as I can see in the data tab for recipient schema.

Level 4

Hi @navinKumar,

I can see that you defined the operation to "Insert". I don't know what is the context before the update data box but if the recipient already exists, the box will not add it.

Could you please take a look at the workflow log, especially the update data box logs? How many recipient should be added by the box? Also, could you please control the creation date and last modification date of the recipients before and after the execution in order to control if the box do something?

Thanks

Geoffrey

Level 4
You can also try to change the "Record identification" to "Using reconciliation keys" and select the email or the primary key field (depending on how you want to detect that the recipient is a new one). Geoffrey

Level 9

In your Data Schemas data tab, add two columns - [nms:recipient]/folder/@internalName and [nms:recipient]/folder/@label

Compare the folder of your existing recipients and the new ones you are inserting. The Recipients folder under Profiles and Targets will probably look at nmsRootRecipient folder, so wont show any others that are put in a different Recipient folder.

Data Schemas data tab will show all recipients regardless of folder

Level 2

Hi @Darren_Bowers

As per your suggestion, I added the 2 columns. But cannot see any data.

navinKumar_0-1584015023460.png

And, I am trying to add the profiles inside profiles & Targets --> Recipient, not any other recipient folder.

Thanks,

Navin

Level 2

Hi @ geoffreyl240454

At first, I was trying to add data, so I chose the "Insert" operation. The data got added but cannot be seen under profiles & targets --> recipient. 

Following your suggestion, I tried again. This time with "Update" operation as the data were same as before. I also changed the "Record identification" to "Using reconciliation keys" and selected email.

navinKumar_0-1584011320761.png

Here is the logs from the update box for both the operations "Insert" and "Update".

03/12/2020 4:26:25 PM [1,000/1,000] record(s) processed (step 'Update data')
03/12/2020 4:26:25 PM : Insertion of 0 record(s) 'Update data' step)
03/12/2020 4:26:25 PM : updating 1,000 record(s) ('Update data' step)
03/12/2020 4:26:25 PM : 0 record(s) unchanged ('Update data' step)
03/11/2020 9:41:17 PM [1,000/1,000] record(s) processed (step 'Update data')
03/11/2020 9:41:17 PM 0 record(s) rejected 'Rejects' (step 'Update data')
03/11/2020 9:41:17 PM : Insertion of 1,000 record(s) 'Update data' step)

Thanks,

Navin

Level 4

Thanks @navinKumar for the tests and the details,

It seems that some recipients are taken into account thanks to the reconciliation by email.

Is the folder still defined into the update box? If yes, are the recipients up to date? Into the good folder?

Thanks

Geoffrey

Level 2

Hi @ geoffreyl240454,

Yes, the folder is still defined in the update box.

navinKumar_0-1584017025992.png

Unfortunately, still cannot see the data under profiles & targets --> recipients. Only, the old profiles are visible there.

Thanks,

Navin

Correct answer by
Level 4

Thanks @navinKumar,

Could you please go to the recipient folder and click on "Display contents of sub-folders":

geoffreyl240454_0-1584024653869.png

Then, if you sort by last modification date, you should see your recipients.

The folder can be displayed by a right click into the list, configure list..., double-click on the folder link.

If the folder information is empty, the recipient is "nowhere" and the foreign key of the folder should be updated for this recipient in order to add it to a folder.

If you need further information, feel free to ask.

Thanks

Geoffrey

Level 2

Hi @ geoffreyl240454

There are no subflders inside the nmsrootrecipient folder and I have done insert/update operation on the very same folder(nmsrootrecipient). I still followed the steps you provided, but can only see the the older data there.

Kind regards,

Navin

Level 4
Hi @navinKumar, could you please try to find the recipients by the Generic Query Editor? Thanks and Regards. Geoffrey

Level 2

Hi @geoffreyl240454,

Yes, I can do that as mentioned in the question details.

navinKumar_0-1584102884921.pngnavinKumar_1-1584102949099.pngnavinKumar_3-1584103024182.png

Thanks,

Navin

Level 2

Hi @geoffreyl240454,

Thank you for all your help and suggestions.

Finally, the issue is solved now. The profiles were added to the nmsrootrecipient folder with with folderid=0. I found this from the database and when the folderid=0, the profiles are not visible in the explorer view.

When I followed your steps and added the the folder link in the field in the update activity, it got updated with correct folderid and now visible in the explorer view.

Thanks and regards,

Navin

Level 2

Hi @ geoffreyl240454,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried with "display content of subfolders" and also configured list to display the folders. Still only the old recipient data from recipient folder is visible. Also, there aren't any sub-folders under the nmsrootrecipient folder.

Thanks,

Navin