Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Recipient delivery logs: Modified after 17 days - what could be the reason?

Level 2

Hello everyone,

after having encountered a bounce issue with a german ISP, we took a look at the delivery logs to see if the issue has been resolved.

We noticed a behaviour that we cannot make any sense of:

Screenshot_DeliveryLogs_SpecificContact.png

This recipient received a couple of emails from 07/30/2020 to 10/04/2020. The last email has been sent on 10/04/2020 05:57:07 AM.

What we don't understand is why the delivery started on 09/19/2020 (first line on the screenshot) has been modified in the delivery logs on 10/06/2020 - which is 17 days after the sendout of the delivery. In the settings of the delivery template the option is set to "Delivery duration: 5d", so from my understanding the delivery logs shouldn't be updated any more after those 5 days? 

We would be thankful for any hint on why the delivery logs had been updated after such a long time!

Kind regards, Marcel

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Marcel,

Adobe Campaign can receive any asynchronous bounce even 6 months after sending. It depends upon how the target domain is sending us the bounce messages.

QUite possible that the user clicked on Report Spam button on the delivery which comes to Adobe Campaign as a signal via feedback loop. This is then processed by inMail module and the delivery log gets updated.

This is by design and hence the event date + last modified field will get updated with the current date when the bounce has been processed.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 3

Hi Marcel,

Are you using continuous delivery in the workflows?

Regards,

Dhanesh

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Marcel,

Adobe Campaign can receive any asynchronous bounce even 6 months after sending. It depends upon how the target domain is sending us the bounce messages.

QUite possible that the user clicked on Report Spam button on the delivery which comes to Adobe Campaign as a signal via feedback loop. This is then processed by inMail module and the delivery log gets updated.

This is by design and hence the event date + last modified field will get updated with the current date when the bounce has been processed.

Level 2

Hi vraghav,

that makes sense to me. Thanks alot for the explanation!

Level 4

Hi vraghav/Team,

We are also facing the same issue i.e delivery logs are getting updated after long time. We understood your response that until 6 months we can get asynchronous bounce messages and also respective timestamps will get updated. But our main issue/question is, will the delivery status get changed from one status to other status for this asynchronous delivery log updates?. We are suspecting that delivery status is changing and I hope we will get the clarification on this ASAP.

Note1: As per our marketing design, changes in the deliveries is affecting our daily DAC processes i.e. whenever delivery status changes then all the broadlog related to this delivery will get reprocessed in DAC again because of this Asynchronous bounce process.

Thanks in advance and awaiting for your response, Please consider this is a little big issue at our side and business is following up on this issue analysis.

Note: On particular 28th Sep 2021, we have observed many delivery log changes and respective deliveries because of this issue.

Thanks

Hi Team,

Any suggestions on my above question/post?

Thanks

Hi Team,

Is my question valid i.e will nmsdelivery status get updated(changed from one status to other status) for above delayed bounce message updates in delivery logs? If yes we can conclude that our DAC issue is related to this otherwise we need to further investigate to know the root cause.

Thanks