Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Receiving SMS Multiple times in a gap of 1 hr

Level 2

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all are doing great !!!

Apparently we observed that for a SMS campaign , same SMS is being received 3 times in a row in interval of 1 hr . We have raised this concern with SMS vendor team and they informed us that they have received 3 submit_sm requests from Adobe end with 3 different IDs. So we checked it at our end and found that only single record is present in targeted base not multiple.

PFB screenshot shared by vendor :

NeelamB91_0-1655321056636.png

What could be the issue ?  Why multiple requests are getting sent by Adobe ?

Kindly help us to resolve the issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Neelam

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @NeelamB91 

SMS is always tricky to debug. In your case, the fact that the SMS are sent 1 hour to each other would indicate a retry on Adobe Campaign side.

Retry will happen if Adobe does not receive the response (SUBMIT_SM_RESP) in the timely manner to the send request (SUBMIT_SM). I would say in your case, you should have no SUBMIT_SM_RESP received within the expiration time (configured on the SMPP External Account)

Check whether you have SUBMIT_SM_RESP with the same ID than the faulty SUBMIT_SM, if you've got SUBMIT_SM_RESP, check the date & time these were received and compare with the "Expiration period of the MT" in the external account. if the response is received AFTER that period, the delivery is considered a failure and retry will kick in.

I suspect this is what happens for you.

Check this great video Adapt SMS connector to your SMPP provider and the associated documentation.

Hope this helps,

Thanks

Denis

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @NeelamB91 

SMS is always tricky to debug. In your case, the fact that the SMS are sent 1 hour to each other would indicate a retry on Adobe Campaign side.

Retry will happen if Adobe does not receive the response (SUBMIT_SM_RESP) in the timely manner to the send request (SUBMIT_SM). I would say in your case, you should have no SUBMIT_SM_RESP received within the expiration time (configured on the SMPP External Account)

Check whether you have SUBMIT_SM_RESP with the same ID than the faulty SUBMIT_SM, if you've got SUBMIT_SM_RESP, check the date & time these were received and compare with the "Expiration period of the MT" in the external account. if the response is received AFTER that period, the delivery is considered a failure and retry will kick in.

I suspect this is what happens for you.

Check this great video Adapt SMS connector to your SMPP provider and the associated documentation.

Hope this helps,

Thanks

Denis