Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Quarantined address

Level 2

Hi Guys,

I have to delete approx 7k records in the quarantine list for the address which has mailbox full as the error reason.

Please help me with the best way of deleting those addresses in a single shot.

I am using a workflow to filter the data based on the market code(Coz its a different table) to delete it with the help of update data activity.Is this a right approach or is there an other way.

Regards,

Raaghu

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Raaghu,

Yes, use update activity with:
Dimension to update: Address (nms)
Operation type: delete

But please note that normally, new mailboxes full are considered as soft bounces during 5 days (by default) of a delivery sending attempts, then considered as hard bounces.

So if you delete them you could have some deliverability issues (being considered as spammer by ESP, Email Service Providers). So you need carefully exclude them from targetting, because the typology rule won't exclude them automatically from deliveries.

To my mind it is a very risky approach.

Regards
J-Serge

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Raaghu,

Yes, use update activity with:
Dimension to update: Address (nms)
Operation type: delete

But please note that normally, new mailboxes full are considered as soft bounces during 5 days (by default) of a delivery sending attempts, then considered as hard bounces.

So if you delete them you could have some deliverability issues (being considered as spammer by ESP, Email Service Providers). So you need carefully exclude them from targetting, because the typology rule won't exclude them automatically from deliveries.

To my mind it is a very risky approach.

Regards
J-Serge

Level 1
Hi Is it also possible to add the users in quarantine or mark them as blacklisted through workflow ?

Level 2

Hi J-Serge,

Thats a great help! Thanks

I have a small concern, Can we exclude the quarantined data from the query, so that we can re target the address in the quarantine.

Regards,

Raaghu

Level 10

Hi Raaghu,

Yes, indeed, after deletion with the Update activity, you will be able to retarget these people with previously mailboxes full.

The same idea for doing this, that I forgot to mention, is to update/modify the status to be "Valid" so they won't be excluded from further deliveries.
Then the nightly process manages them to cleanse.
But eventually, it comes to be the same as pure deletion, more or less.

But again, by retargetting these people with previous mailboxes full, most of them would have not purged their malboxes (if given up), so take care to your deliverability/reputation score with the ESP, monitor it closely, and smooth your delivery with small waves.

Regards

JS