Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Problems With Unions

Level 2

Hello.

I'm having an issue whereby the data flowing out of a Union is acting strangely. I'm querying recipient delivery logs table (one the out of the box one, the other being a custom one) and bringing in the delivery code on both before going into a Union. The number that comes out of it is correct, combines both of the queries totals, but when you interrogate the data using 'Display The Target' it is only displaying the primary set data. Then I put it through a deduplication to get unique delivery codes but it is only giving me the number of the primary data.

lcharlwood_0-1596199119473.png

I've only come back to work recently after a few months off but I'm certain this was working previously. To note, I've seen this problem in a couple of other workflows where the number comes out of the Union says one thing but when you interrogate the data it is not all there.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

The data's there, it's just not visible in the default 'Display the target' UI, which adds the target node of the primary set to the field list.

Remove the target field from the list (Configure list) and you'll see all the rows.

Not sure what's going on with the deduplication activity, were the rows duplicated on its condition?

Thanks,

-Jon

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

The data's there, it's just not visible in the default 'Display the target' UI, which adds the target node of the primary set to the field list.

Remove the target field from the list (Configure list) and you'll see all the rows.

Not sure what's going on with the deduplication activity, were the rows duplicated on its condition?

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 2

Thanks Jonathon.

I can now see all the data when removing the target field but still doesn't seem to be flowing thorugh to the deduplication. The deduplication node is filtering on @deliveryCode but it is only bringing back the unique delivery codes from the target field. Any ideas?

lcharlwood_0-1596363435011.png

Community Advisor

Hi,

Delivery code is a global variable at the delivery level. so it may not be the best variables to use in your deduplication.

Thanks

David

David Kangni