Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Possible Fake Tracking Data?

Level 2

Hi All!

Hoping to get some help here. Am relatively new to using Adobe Campaign and tracking email campaigns. Something that I'm seeing that I'd love to know if its normal or indicative of something else is that I continually see trackinglog table datetime logs equal to or one minute greater than the email delivery's broadlog event time. As I understand it, event time from the broadlogrcp table relates to the sent datetime of an email while the trackinglogrcp table's log data relates to the datetime of a tracked event (i.e. email clicked, opened). With this understanding I feel that seeing opens or clicks immediately after we send out our emails rather suspicious. Do others see this generally or is this indicative of bots, privacy settings triggering tracking events, etc.?

Thanks and I appreciate any and all help!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello,

It is not uncommon to see immediate opens or clicks on emails due to anti-virus programs that scan and click on the emails as soon as they come in. These scanners can also cause multiple clicks and opens within a short timeframe as well, so you may see that in the logs as well.

Regards,

Craig

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello,

It is not uncommon to see immediate opens or clicks on emails due to anti-virus programs that scan and click on the emails as soon as they come in. These scanners can also cause multiple clicks and opens within a short timeframe as well, so you may see that in the logs as well.

Regards,

Craig